Excelsior Grand Hotel Malta
Most recent booking for this hotel was 05/12/2013 at 00:09
“ Rated as 5 star, but I would probably give it 4 stars. Perfectly clean throughout, but decor requiring a little tlc in places. Staff very friendly and attentive. Superb breakfast buffet with exceptional choice. The pool area, overlooking the harbour, is large and clean with ample sunbeds, and free beach towels. Wi-Fi is free in the main lobby but reception is poor in the rooms.8.8 Excellent
Edward from CheshamLoading...
“ Very freindly and welcoming. Fabulous breakfast, huge choice and a view to die for while you eat. Pool area, again fabulous and that view is amazing you can while away the time watching yachts slipping by, pool is huge for a good swim.8.8 Excellent
Beryl from EnfieldLoading...
The Excelsior Grand Hotel is embraced by the bastion walls of the World Heritage City of Valletta, a picturesque 16th century walled city filled with priceless architecture, culture and art. The spectacular water's edge location is breathtaking. Among the hotel facilities are 11 state-of-the-art meeting rooms, the majority having natural light, can accommodate up to 1150 people. 5 restaurants and 4 bars featuring a diversified selection of worldwide flavors.Other amenities such as indoor and outdoor swimming pool, Spa and gym, make sure that visitors spend a memorable time. The hotel is located 7 km from the airport.
- 24hrs Reception
- A la Carte Restaurant
- Baby Sitting
- Buffet Restaurant
- Conference Room Facilities
- Laundry Service
- Pool Bar
- Swimming Pool Indoor
- Swimming Pool Outdoor
- Water Sports
- Wi Fi Internet Connection
Our customer reviews
Donald from Rye
“ Absolutely brilliant
“ Top Tip: the office bistro centre of Valetta
Antonia from Twickenham
This hotel is a remarkable mix of the good and the bad - it has so much to offer, but keeps letting itself down with serious but avoidable mistakes.
- Massive rooms and massive bathrooms. My room on the 8th floor was larger than my flat in London, with a huge, comfy bed, desk, arm chair and footstool, chaise lounge, and bureau. The bathroom is lovely - a large free standing shower stall and a roomy, deep bathtub
- Nice in room amenities, as you'd expect in a 5 star: slippers and robes, safe, free water, torch, nice range of toiletries, really soft towels, umbrella, etc.
- The facilities are great: a big outdoor pool, indoor pool and whirlpool (which I never used because it was warm enough to swim outside), access to the sea, lots of bars and restaurants (although half of them were not open during my visit, as it was off season), spa, etc.
- Plus, it's not expensive in the off season: excellent deals are available (although if you book a cheap rate don't expect to get a view or a balcony).
- Hotel staff were quite variable: the woman who checked me in was completely indifferent (I've never heard a more perfunctory "Welcome to the hotel") and it certainly wasn't the gracious welcome I expect from a five star. However several other staff (the pool guy, luggage guy) were very polite and gracious, so perhaps I just got someone on a bad day.
- The room needed renovation, especially the carpet which was badly stained. Again, that's something that wouldn't phase me in a one star hotel, but I really expect a five star to replace things a bit sooner than that.
- This is the biggie – housekeeping! Housekeeping hadn't cleaned the bathroom properly before I checked in. There were quite a few dark hairs all over the bathroom floor, plus a visible hair in the shower, and one hair sitting on the middle of the toilet seat – how the hell did they miss that? I cleaned the seat myself before I used it (I'm a bit OCD about knowing a toilet seat is clean before I sit down anyway), but I wasn't about to clean the floor so I just tried not to look at it too closely.
But I'm afraid it wasn't just a one-off slip-up. I stayed 4 nights, and at no point did anyone clean that floor – it just got hairier and hairier as my hairs joined the ones from the previous occupant. The sink and mirror were obviously cleaned every day. The bathtub I wasn't certain about (so I never used it). But that floor was obviously never cleaned. Yuck!
If there had just been the stained carpet and the grumpy check-in desk, I would still have given this hotel a decent rating because of their great facilities, but the cleanliness issue is completely unacceptable. This hotel could be wonderful, but management needs to sort it out.
Elizabeth J from Craigavon
[This customer did not leave a comment]
Edward from Chesham
“ Rated as 5 star, but I would probably give it 4 stars. Perfectly clean throughout, but decor requiring a little tlc in places. Staff very friendly and attentive. Superb breakfast buffet with exceptional choice. The pool area, overlooking the harbour, is large and clean with ample sunbeds, and free beach towels. Wi-Fi is free in the main lobby but reception is poor in the rooms.
“ Top Tip: Short, five minute walk to the 'City Gate' of Valletta. Ten minute walk to the ferry service to Sliema
Beryl from Enfield
“ Very freindly and welcoming. Fabulous breakfast, huge choice and a view to die for while you eat. Pool area, again fabulous and that view is amazing you can while away the time watching yachts slipping by, pool is huge for a good swim. Nice beach area, very clear and warm sea. Easy reach of Valetta by foot or courtesy car. Rooms large with balcony, that view and excellent bed linen for a restul sleep.
“ Top Tip: Three of my favouties in Valetta - Legligin wine bar and tapas - excellent. Palazzo Preco - Strait Srtret. Aaron's Kitchen.