Aqua Hotel Onabrava and Spa
Santa Susana, Costa Brava, Spain
Avinguda Del Mar 6, 08398 Santa Susanna (barcelona) 08398
Most recent booking for this hotel was 23/05/2013 at 21:18
“ I went away with 5 friends and when we arrived at the hotel we were really pleased, after seeing some of the oter hotels that people were dropped off at. The reception and entrance area were very impressive and I especially liked the bits of pop art dotted around.8.8 Excellent
Johanne from BirminghamLoading...
“ hotel was first class, room was one of the brightest and cleanest i have stayed in, could not fault it. hotel enterance and reception area is huge with the bar in one corner, the glass roof gives the whole place an open and relaxing feeling.8.9 Excellent
Terence from BasingstokeLoading...
With an innovative design, this modern hotel has a relaxing feel designed for a pleasant and enjoyable stay. Located 150 meters from the beach, these brightly decorated rooms are perfect to take in the Mediterranean climate and have all the facilities you could need in order to enjoy a pleasant stay. The hotel is ideally situated meaning you can enjoy excellent sea views and has also got both indoor and outdoor parking available for guests. The hotel is comfortable and relaxing with a design to meet your needs ... The hotel can also offer its excellent meetings and events facilities which provide you with a personalized service and, with the help of our dedicated staff who aim to cater to all your needs, we can provide you with the best possible venue for your meetings, events, and banquets. During the day, guests can relax and unwind in our spectacular lobby area. Of an evening, you are welcome to enjoy the nightly entertainment at the “Music Bar” whilst enjoying your favorite cocktail. Aqua Hotel Onabrava has a large buffet style restaurant. Here, you can enjoy a wide variety of Mediterranean cuisine and enjoy the various theme nights which include food from many parts of the world. As well as this, the restaurant has an open kitchen area where live cooking takes place on a regular basis. During the daytime, guests are free to relax in the outdoor pool which measures 400m2 with a jacuzzi area. The pool area is surrounded by gardens where you will also find "La Pergola”, the Taqueria Mexicana... Alternatively, guests are welcome to enjoy the outdoor shopping area which is situated directly in front of the hotel… The Aquafit SPA & FITNESS centre is the ideal place for relaxation where guests can enjoy various types of massages and treatments. Also, guests can relax in Aquafit´s thermal circuit, steam room, sauna, heated swimming pool and Jacuzzi. For those looking for a little more activity, guests are able to use the extensively equipped gym with a dedicated fitness area as well as take part in the various fitness classes available. A centre ideally equipped to keep your body and mind in perfect condition. In addition to this, guests can enjoy a variety of outdoor entertainment led by our dedicated entertainment team which also includes the Miniclub where your children are guaranteed to be kept amused and entertained at all time ... Don´t hesitate any longer, make your dream holiday a reality …
- Spectacular lobby where you can relax in our piano bar which boasts an extensive cocktail menu.
- Buffet restaurant with show cooking and an extensive wine and champagne list.
- 3 Bars: Lobby Bar / cafe, Night Club “Music” and Taqueria Mexicana “Pergola”
- 2 swimming pools: one for adults with hydro massage facilities and a children´s pool.
- 24 hour reception: currency exchange, car hire, excursion program, airport transfers, dry cleaning service, floristry service, cakes ...
- Shopping area with supermarket, souvenir and gift shops.
- 6 lifts.
- ENTERTAINMENT: Day and night time entertainment program available throughout the season. Aerobics, games, sports competitions, water aerobics, international shows, flamenco, disco, live music ... MINICLUB (4-10 years): Games, sports, workshops, children's festival, MD ... Maxiclub (11-15 years) from May to September .
- Changing rooms with showers (towel hire optional, refundable deposit).
- Luggage room.
For an additional charge:
- Health and Sports Centre AQUAFIT with heated pool, thermal circuit, jacuzzi, sauna, steam room, aerobics, fitness room, beauty treatments and an extensive massage program ... Health and well being. Charged locally at EUR 6.00 per person per day.
- Sun bed rental available for the outdoor pool: € 1 per person per day (from 23/06 to 10/09).
- Pool towel rental service available (deposit required ).
- Minibar available for rent.
- Safety deposit box available for hire.
- Room service.
- Bicycle rental.
- Games room. Table Tennis and Pool.
- Outdoor parking. Subject to availability and charged locally at EUR 5.00 per day. Indoor parking charged at EUR 10.00 per day.
- Interior garage parking (upon availability). Free for bicycles.
- Meeting and banquet rooms with different capacities.
- Internet: coin-fed computers and wi-fi.
- Drink and snack machines.
- Dry cleaning.
- Weighing scales for luggage.
- Medical service (upon request).
Onabrava Wellness & Spa” - a new concept of welfare, health and beauty distributed in 4 different environments:
- Spa Area: Thermal space divided in two well distinct areas. An entertainment area with jacuzzi and waterbeds and another area of thermal treatment.
- Gym, with the latest machinery.
- Heated saltwater pool.
- Beauty treatments and massages.
- Fitness-Wellness-Indoor Pool - PPPD €5.00 adult, €3.00 child - paid directly to hotel.
- Air conditioning / Heating
- Bathroom with hair dryer
- Safety deposit box available for hire
- Minibar hire
- Satellite TV
- Furnished terrace
- Room service
- Wake up service
- Smoke Detector System
- Free cot usage (upon request)
Note: All rooms are "Non-Smoking".
- STANDARD: Capacity of 1-4 people. These rooms have 2 Queen size beds (1.40m) or a 1.50m bed . Approx. 23m2.
- FAMILY: These rooms have a minimum of 3 people and can sleep 4. Composed of two connecting bedrooms with 1 bathroom. Surface area of approx. 35m2.
- ADAPTED: (upon request) 4 rooms available for disabled guests. Wider doors. Bathroom with shower, sink and bars for ease of use. Composed of two Queen size beds (1.40m). Approx.23m2.
- "PREMIUM": With more privileges than are available in a standard. Capacity: 1-4 people. Two queen size beds (1.40m) or 1 bed (1.50m). Approx. 23m2.
- SUPERIOR: Ideal for couples and boast excellent views. The rooms sleep 1 or 2 people and have one bathroom. Equipped with a 1.90m bed or 2 beds which measure 1.40m. Approximate surface area of 28m2.
Our customer reviews
Johanne from Birmingham
I went away with 5 friends and when we arrived at the hotel we were really pleased, after seeing some of the oter hotels that people were dropped off at. The reception and entrance area were very impressive and I especially liked the bits of pop art dotted around. Throughout our stay the staff that we dealt with were all very friendly. We used the spa several times and loved it. The only thing I would say is that we thought a towel might be provided for the spa and the changing rooms were a little dirty on the floor, a leak in the roof with something catching the water and one of the showers were not working, but the gym looked good and the spa facilities were great.
There was a good choice for breakfast and the tables were cleaned away quickly, and the food replenished often. The only thing we found with breakfast was that our card that we had to use showed breakfast for the 9th May which was the day we were travelling back and that our pick up was before breakfast was served so it might have been nice to be able to have dinner the night before instead or just a choice of tea/coffee and some croissants or something similar.
Overall the hotel was great, we were really impressed with the price we got it for, it was handy for the local shops and we got the train into Barcelona one day. I would reccommend the hotel to others and would return.
Jo and friends, Birmingham.
“ Top Tip: The hotel is close to the train station and it was easy to find the price and get return tickets into Barcelona centre, it was just under 10euro fo a return ticket and the train/metro was quite fast with costal views along the way.
Terence from Basingstoke
“ hotel was first class, room was one of the brightest and cleanest i have stayed in, could not fault it. hotel enterance and reception area is huge with the bar in one corner, the glass roof gives the whole place an open and relaxing feeling. food was very good ( breakfast ) choice was first class. pool area was good but had open access to small shops and a road , not too close or busy but might have to watch children. one minor negative was no local info was to be found any where in or around the hotel.
“ Top Tip: one of the best things about this hotel is its fairly quiet location and the closeness to the railway station for trains to Barcelona( 5 min walk ) one hour and 9 euro return, no info at station as to where to get off in Barcelona (it goes underground) 4 stations, make sure you know where you need to get off. its a long walk back to the city ctre if you miss it
Phil from Paignton
“ Been to this Hotel five times in three years, great value, great service, Highly Recommended.
Donald from Dunstable
“ Excellent hotel which is smart and clean, and the reception hall/lounge area is very spacious and welcoming. There are spa facilities, but you have to pay extra. Plenty of variety in the canteen and food quality is generally good except for the drinks machine which produces so-called 'coffee' which just isn't coffee! We had a lovely room on the 4th floor which had a sea view but would have expected tea/coffee making facilities in the room as it has a 4 star rating.The reception staff were very helpful and efficient and any queries were dealt with quickly. The hotel is very close to the station and trains run every 30 minutes into Barcelona, (journey time 75 minutes) stopping at every station.(7euros return fare) Thankfully the hotel is situated at the quieter end of St Susanna! Unfortunately most of the beach area is lined with camper vans and chalets which tends to spoil the image of a what really is a desirable resort. We enjoyed our stay and would most definitely recommend this hotel.
Jane from Lostwithiel
“ Beautiful hotel, v professional staff, excellent food, only let down was 5 euro charge each to use the pool!
Photos of the Santa Susana area
Photos provided by . Photos are under the copyright of their owners.