We’re giving away 2 tickets to Athens, courtesy of Aegean Airlines!
All you have to do is comment on our Facebook post and answer the question: What is your favourite Greek food?
The lucky winner will receive a pair of flight tickets to Athens, the home of the Acropolis.
Competition closes 23:59 on 8 September 2017.
Terms and conditions
We know reading terms and conditions are not the most fun thing to do, but it’s important to read them all to ensure your entry is valid to make you one step closer to Greece!
The following conditions apply to the redemption of the flights prize.
By entering the competition you confirm that you have read, understood and agreed to these terms and conditions.
One winner will be chosen to receive the prize of:
Two return flight tickets, on direct flights operated by Aegean Airlines, from either Heathrow, Gatwick, Manchester or Edinburgh to Athens. There are restrictions on flight dates so pay close attention to the next bit.
- Both flights must be booked by 28th December 2017. Contact details will be provided to the prize winner to proceed with the booking.
- Both flights, outbound (UK to Athens) and inbound (Athens to UK) must be taken by 28th March 2018, excluding school holidays and UK bank holiday weekends.
- The prize includes only return flights on direct flights operated by Aegean Airlines from either Heathrow (daily), Gatwick (3 days a week), Manchester (twice weekly up to 11th January 2018 and from 3rd to 28th March 2018) or Edinburgh (twice weekly up to 8th January 2018) to Athens airport.
- Blackout periods for school holidays are as follows:
- 21st October – 29th October 2017
- 16th December – 10th January 2018
- 10th February – 18th February 2018
- Reservation changes are not permitted after booking has been made.
- Aegean Airlines will try to accommodate on dates selected but reserve the right to offer alternative dates.
- Travel is subject to availability and capacity control, and during peak travel periods as decided by Aegean Airlines travel will not be allowed.
- The prize is non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash or vouchers, and once booked travel is non-refundable and cannot be changed or transferred to any other passenger.
- All travel on Aegean Airlines flights is subject to Aegean Airlines general conditions of carriage for passengers and baggage and the terms and conditions of contract contained on each ticket or itinerary.
- Winners must be in possession of a valid passport and visa, and, where necessary, must have the necessary vaccinations and inoculations together with documentation proving this. They must arrange comprehensive medical insurance cover for themselves for the duration of the travel.
- Tickets are valid for the winner and accompanied by one travelling companion. These terms and conditions apply to both the winner and the travelling companion.
- Details of the prize are as described, they do not include any additional benefits (e.g. Transfers, insurance, visa, health documents)
- The winners will be responsible for their own travel to and from their chosen airport, accommodation, transfers and other costs associated with the trip.
- Travel Republic and Aegean Airlines reserve the right to cancel or amend without notice the terms of this competition. Any tickets or vouchers issued free or at a price in the event of a major catastrophe, war, earthquake or any actual anticipated or alleged breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other circumstances beyond the reasonable control of Aegean Airlines and Travel Republic.
How to enter and eligibility for entry
- To enter you must comment with a correct answer to the following question “What is your favourite Greek food?” on the Travel Republic Facebook contest post. Only one entry per Facebook account will be valid. Shares on Facebook will not be counted, as well as likes and comments on other Travel Republic social media platforms.
- Comments with a suitable answer on the competition post, as deemed by Travel Republic, posted between when the Facebook post is first published by Travel Republic and until 23:59hrs GMT on Friday 8th September 2017, to be a valid entry.
- Entrants must be over 18 years old, hold a valid passport and be a UK resident as at 4th September 2017.
- Competition closes 23:59hrs GMT 8/9/17, any entries received after the closing date and time will not be accepted.
- An employee from Travel Republic will contact the winner via private message on Facebook within 24 hours of closing, and announce the winner across their social media accounts. Travel Republic will request full name and contact details to be used for the purpose of this competition only.
- This competition is not open to Travel Republic and Aegean Airlines employees.
Determination of winners
- All comments will be entered into a free prize draw and one winner will be chosen at random.
- Travel Republic at its sole discretion may disqualify any entrant, where it suspects that the entrant has breached any of these Terms and Conditions.
- Travel Republic reserves the right to announce the winners’ name on their social channels.
- The prize must be accepted within 48 hours of being notified, after which Travel Republic reserves the right to select another winner who will receive the prize. Travel Republic cannot accept responsibility for late responses.
- Once announced on Facebook, the winners chosen at random are final and no correspondence will be entered into concerning it.
- The prize can only be redeemed with Travel Republic, contact will be provided upon notification of win.
- Travel Republic reserves the right to request a short review of experience, hotel and flight prizes, with pictures, which may be featured on our company blog or social media.
- If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of Travel Republic and which prevents Travel Republic from complying with or fulfilling any element of these Terms and Conditions, Travel Republic will not be liable or responsible in respect of such Force Majeure Event.
- This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
- In addition, the prize winners booking will adhere to Travel Republic “Agency Terms and Conditions”
- This competition will be governed by English law and the English courts have jurisdiction to hear any disputes in relation to it.