Travel Republic has today announced an emergency evacuation offer for football fans who had booked a quiet weekend city break in Madrid on June 1. Instead of being surrounded by jubilant supporters of their arch rivals, Travel Republic is trialling an offer which will enable one willing fan to switch their booking from Madrid to the most remote part of Europe away from the singing and celebrations: Siberia.
With Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur now confirmed to be playing each other in the Champions League Final in Madrid on June 1, at least 50,000 fans are expected to converge there, with fans scrambling online for flights and hotels for the English football event of the decade.
Football fans, and especially diehard supporters of Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton and Manchester United, who seek to get far away from the massive party in Madrid, can apply to switch their booking to the Azimut Hotel in Novosibirsk, Siberia, also available on Travel Republic’s website Located 6,262km east from London, Novosibirsk is the third largest city in Russia. Among its popular attractions are the Novosibirsk Zoo, Alexandr Nevsky Cathderal, and the Museum for Railway Technology: the perfect refuge for any English football fan away from Spurs and Liverpool supporters during the weekend of the final.
Those less adventurous fans can also escape the football chants a bit closer to home by switching their booking for a weekend at less visited Spanish cities such as Valencia, Bilbao or Seville.
Travel Republic customers who want to enquire about changing their booking, and receiving a complimentary transfer from Madrid can use the following emergency email: [email protected]
Terms and conditions apply to this offer, so please read the following to ensure you are eligible for the transfer to Siberia or to outside Madrid.
The following conditions apply to the redemption of the offer. By entering the competition you confirm that you have read, understood and agreed to these terms and conditions.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
One offer for a holiday exchange for up to seven nights stay in Azimut Hotel, Novosibirsk, Siberia plus flights
Or free return transfers and hotel change to new Spanish city up to cost of original hotel booking.
How to apply and eligibility for entry
1. Travel Republic customers with a flexible hotel booking made before 9th May 2019 at 00.01, involving an overnight accommodation stay in Madrid on 1st June 2019, are eligible to enter.
2. To enter, customers must e-mail [email protected] with the following details;
3. Their existing booking reference number
4. The football team they support
5. Where they want to stay between the choice of Siberia or another city in Spain.
6. Only the lead passenger on the original booking can enter.
7. Group bookings and Non-Refundable hotel bookings are not eligible for entry.
8. Customers must have emailed their submission to Travel Republic by Thursday 16th May at 13.00 BST for it to be valid. Any entries made after this time will not be included in the draw.
9. Entrants must over the age of 18.
Entrant review process
1. All applications will be reviewed by the Travel Republic team and those that are valid to receive the offer will be contacted by Friday 17th May.
2. The one successful applicant for the holiday to the Azimit Hotel in Novosibirsk, Siberia will be chosen at random.
3. Travel Republic at its sole discretion may disqualify any entrant, where it suspects that the entrant has breached any of these Terms and Conditions.
4. The prize can only be redeemed with Travel Republic.
5. Winners will be contacted by the Travel Republic Customer Service team through the details provided on their original booking.
Travel & offer restrictions for Siberia holiday
1. The holiday will be for a maximum of seven nights, and must cover an overnight stay on 1st June 2019.
2. The cost of the original hotel booking will be transferred onto the new booking, and Travel Republic will pay the price difference between the two. In the event of the new booking to Siberia costing less, Travel Republic will credit the customer the difference.
3. There will be no amendment or cancellation charges associated with the change to this holiday booking.
4. Details of the offer are as described, they do not include any additional benefits (e.g. transfers, insurance, visa, health documents).
5. The prize is non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash. Once booked, it is non-refundable and cannot be changed or transferred to any other person.
6. Entrants must be residents of UK only.
Travel & offer restrictions for Spanish City break exchange
1. Flights are not included as part of this prize. Only transfers from the existing hotel booking in Madrid to the new Spanish city of the customer’s choice.
2. Accommodation selected in new city must be of same value as original booking in Madrid.
3. The cost of the original booking will be transferred onto the new booking, and the customer will be required to cover the price difference between the two bookings. In the event of the new booking costing less, Travel Republic will credit the customer the difference.
4. The accommodation will be for the same number of nights, and on the same dates as the original booking.
5. Travel Republic will organise and cover the cost of a return transfer from Madrid to the new accommodation. The time and mode of transport will be at the sole discretion of Travel Republic and not open to negotiation.
6. Details of the prize are as described, they do not include any additional benefits (e.g. insurance, visa, health documents).
7. The prize is non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash. Once booked, it is non-refundable and cannot be changed or transferred to any other person.
8. Entrants must be residents of UK only.
1. If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of Travel Republic and which prevents Travel Republic from complying with or fulfilling any element of these Terms and Conditions, Travel Republic will not be liable or responsible in respect of such Force Majeure Event.
2. In addition, the prize winners booking will adhere to Travel Republic “Agency Terms and Conditions”.
3. This competition will be governed by English law and the English courts have jurisdiction to hear any disputes in relation to it.