As we are celebrating our Marathon des Sables team’s achievement, we’re giving away two tickets to fly to Marrakech, courtesy of British Airways!
To enter, check out our Facebook post and comment with the correct answer to the following question: Which desert did our Marathon des Sables team run across?
Competition closes 23 April 2017 23:59.
Flights must be booked before 30th September 2017. Please read the full terms and conditions for more information:
Terms and conditions
We know that terms and conditions can be tedious but they are not too long and it’s important to read them all – we’d hate it for your entry to be invalid or for you not to be able to go.
The following conditions apply to the redemption of the flights prize.
By entering the competition you confirm that you have read, understood and agreed to these terms and conditions.
One winner will be chosen to receive the prize of:
Two return British Airways Club Europe tickets, from London Gatwick to Marrakech only – There are restrictions on flight dates so pay close attention to the next bit.
- Both flights must be booked by 30th September 2017. Contact details will be provided to the prize winner to proceed with the booking.
- Both flights, outbound (LGW to RAK) and inbound (RAK to LGW) must be completed by 30th November 2017.
- The prize includes only return flights from London Gatwick to Marrakech Menara Airport.
- Reservation changes are not permitted after booking has been made. On all e-ticketable routes, British Airways will e-mail an e-ticket itinerary to the winner.
- Travel will be on mainline services operated by British Airways Plc but not on flights operated wholly or partly by its franchisees, code share partners or Oneworld Alliance members.
- Travel is not guaranteed in the requested cabin. British Airways will do try to accommodate on dates selected but reserve the right to offer alternative dates.
- Travel is subject to availability and capacity control, and during peak travel periods as decided by British Airways, travel will not be allowed e.g. school holidays, public holidays.
- The prize is non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash or vouchers, and once booked travel is non-refundable and cannot be changed or transferred to any other passenger.
- All travel on British Airways flights is subject to British Airways general conditions of carriage for passengers and baggage (copies available on request) and the notice and conditions of contract contained on each ticket or itinerary.
- Eligible Participants must be in possession of a valid passport and visa, and, where necessary, must have the necessary vaccinations and inoculations together with documentation proving this. They must arrange comprehensive medical insurance cover for themselves for the duration of the travel.
- Tickets are valid for the winner and accompanied by one travelling companion. These terms and conditions apply to both the winner and the travelling companion.
- Details of the prize are as described, they do not include any additional benefits (e.g. Transfers, insurance, visa, health documents)
- The winners will be responsible for their own travel to and from London Gatwick, accommodation, transfers and other costs associated with the trip.
- Tickets are for Club Europe travel only. No upgrade is available by paying supplement or using programme miles. Additional tickets for the same flight can be purchased by the prize winner, subject to availability.
- Travel Republic and British Airways reserve the right to cancel or amend without notice the terms of this competition. Any tickets or vouchers issued free or at a price in the event of a major catastrophe, war, earthquake or any actual anticipated or alleged breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other circumstances beyond the reasonable control of British Airways and Travel Republic.
How to enter and eligibility for entry
- To enter you must comment with the correct answer to the following question “Which desert did the Travel Republic MDS team run across?” on the Travel Republic Facebook contest post. Only one entry per Facebook account will be valid. Shares on Facebook will not be counted, as well as likes and comments on other Travel Republic social media platforms.
- Entrants must be over 18 years old and be a UK resident as at 20th April 2017.
- Competition closes 23:59hrs GMT 23/4/17, any entries received after the closing date and time will not be accepted.
- Travel Republic will contact the winner via private message on Facebook within 24 hours of closing, and announce the winner across their social media accounts. Travel Republic will request full name and contact details to be used for the purpose of this competition only.
- This competition is not open to Travel Republic and British Airways employees.
Determination of winners
- All comments will be entered into a free prize draw and one winner will be chosen at random.
- Travel Republic at its sole discretion may disqualify any entrant, where it suspects that the entrant has breached any of these Terms and Conditions.
- Travel Republic reserves the right to announce the winners’ name on their social channels.
- The prize must be accepted within 48 hours of being notified, after which Travel Republic reserves the right to select another winner who will receive the prize. Travel Republic cannot accept responsibility for late responses.
- Once announced on Facebook, the winners chosen at random are final and no correspondence will be entered into concerning it.
- The prize can only be redeemed with Travel Republic, contact will be provided upon notification of win.
- Travel Republic reserves the right to request a short review of experience, hotel and flight prizes, with pictures, which may be featured on our company blog or social media.
- If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of Travel Republic and which prevents Travel Republic from complying with or fulfilling any element of these Terms and Conditions, Travel Republic will not be liable or responsible in respect of such Force Majeure Event.
- This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
- In addition, the prize winners booking will adhere to Travel Republic “Agency Terms and Conditions”
- This competition will be governed by English law and the English courts have jurisdiction to hear any disputes in relation to it.