We’re giving away a pair of return tickets to New York courtesy of United Airlines!
At Travel Republic, we believe in being able to mix the perfect holiday. So, whether your ideal city break consists of admiring architecture or indulging in a little retail therapy, you can create it with us.
To enter: pick 3 essential ingredients that make up your dream city break using our holiday ingredients card!
United Airlines offers comprehensive access to the US from four UK airports, and onward connections to over 300 destinations across the Americas. You can even choose your seats at the time of booking at no extra cost. So, whatever your perfect city break consists of, you’ll find your ideal destination with UA.
For further information and destination inspiration, visit United Airlines’ website.
Competition ends 23:59hrs GMT 22/9/17.
Terms and conditions
We know reading terms and conditions are not the most fun thing to do, but it’s important to read them all to ensure your entry is valid and to be in with a chance of winning flights to New York!
The following conditions apply to the redemption of the flights prize.
By entering the competition you confirm that you have read, understood and agreed to these terms and conditions.
One winner will be chosen to receive the prize of:
Two return flight tickets, from either Heathrow, Manchester, Edinburgh and Glasgow to New York. There are restrictions on flight dates so pay close attention to the next bit.
- Both flights must be booked by 31st December 2017. Contact details will be provided to the prize winner to proceed with the booking.
- Both flights, outbound (UK to New York) and inbound (New York to UK) must be taken between October 1st 2017 and September 30th 2018. Extension of the expiration date is not permitted under any circumstances.
- The prize includes only two return economy direct flights operated by United Airlines or other airlines branded “United Express” from either Heathrow, Manchester, Edinburgh and Glasgow to New York (Newark) airport.
- Reservation changes are not permitted after booking has been made.
- United Airlines will try to accommodate on dates selected but reserve the right to offer alternative dates.
- Winners are permitted to choose flights termed as Open Jaws, whereby the origin is not the same in both directions, but they must include New York (Newark) and either Heathrow, Manchester, Edinburgh and Glasgow.
- Travel is subject to availability and capacity control, as decided by United Airlines.
- The prize is non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash or vouchers, and once booked travel is non-refundable and cannot be changed or transferred to any other passenger.
- The prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other discount or offer.
- All travel on United Airlines flights is subject to United Airlines general conditions of carriage for passengers and baggage and the terms and conditions of contract contained on each ticket or itinerary.
- MileagePlus miles will not be awarded and no upgrade is available by paying a supplement or using MileagePlus miles.
- Winners must be in possession of a valid passport and visa, and, where necessary, must have the necessary vaccinations and inoculations together with documentation proving this. They must arrange comprehensive medical insurance cover for themselves for the duration of the travel.
- Tickets are valid for the winner and accompanied by one travelling companion. These terms and conditions apply to both the winner and the travelling companion.
- Details of the prize are as described, they do not include any additional benefits (e.g. Transfers, insurance, visa, health documents)
- The winners will be responsible for their own travel to and from their chosen airport, accommodation, transfers and other costs associated with the trip.
- The prize is not eligible for denied boarding compensation.
- Travel Republic and United Airlines reserve the right to cancel or amend without notice the terms of this competition. Any tickets or vouchers issued free or at a price in the event of a major catastrophe, war, earthquake or any actual anticipated or alleged breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other circumstances beyond the reasonable control of United Airlines and Travel Republic.
- In the event of flight irregularity, alternate travel will be provided in the indicated class of service (subject to availability) only on United Airlines flights. United Airlines assumes no responsibility for any expense, or tax liability in conjunction with the use of this offer and associated tickets including, but not limited to expenses for accommodations, food or circumstances beyond the control of United Airlines.
How to enter and eligibility for entry
- To enter you must comment with your top 3 components of a city break chosen from the list in the graphic that is associated with the Facebook Competition post. Only one entry per social media account will be valid. Reactions and shares on all social media platforms will not be counted.
- Comments must include three of the ingredients listed on the post to be deemed as a suitable answer by Travel Republic.
- Comments must be posted between when the post is first published by Travel Republic on Travel Republic Facebook, Twitter and Instagram channels and until 23:59hrs GMT on Friday 22nd September 2017, to be a valid entry.
- Comments with a suitable answer on the competition post, as deemed by Travel Republic, posted between when the post is first published by Travel Republic on Travel Republic Facebook, Twitter and Instagram channels and until 23:59hrs GMT on Friday 22nd September 2017, to be a valid entry.
- Entrants must be over 18 years old, hold a valid passport and be a UK resident as at 10th September 2017.
- Competition closes 23:59hrs GMT 22/9/17, any entries received after the closing date and time will not be accepted.
- An employee from Travel Republic will contact the winner via private message on Facebook within 24 hours of closing, and announce the winner across their social media accounts. Travel Republic will request full name and contact details to be used for the purpose of this competition only.
- This competition is not open to Travel Republic and United Airlines employees.
Determination of winners
- All valid entries across all social media channels will be entered into a free prize draw and one winner will be chosen at random.
- Travel Republic at its sole discretion may disqualify any entrant, where it suspects that the entrant has breached any of these Terms and Conditions.
- Travel Republic reserves the right to announce the winners’ name on their social channels.
- The prize must be accepted within 48 hours of being notified, after which Travel Republic reserves the right to select another winner who will receive the prize. Travel Republic cannot accept responsibility for late responses.
- Once announced on Travel Republic’s Social Media channels, the winners chosen at random are final and no correspondence will be entered into concerning it.
- The prize can only be redeemed with Travel Republic, contact will be provided upon notification of win.
- Travel Republic reserves the right to request a short review of experience, hotel and flight prizes, with pictures, which may be featured on our company blog or social media.
- If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of Travel Republic and which prevents Travel Republic from complying with or fulfilling any element of these Terms and Conditions, Travel Republic will not be liable or responsible in respect of such Force Majeure Event.
- This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
- In addition, the prize winners booking will adhere to Travel Republic “Agency Terms and Conditions”
- This competition will be governed by English law and the English courts have jurisdiction to hear any disputes in relation to it.