Lights, Camera, Action!
To celebrate the launch of our ‘Travel Republic Presents’ guide to some of the world’s best movie locations, we’re launching a competition for you to win a pair of flights to the home of movies – Los Angeles!
To enter: we want you to describe your blockbuster holiday by choosing your favourite genre and scene from the lists below, as well as casting your co-star!
Competition closes at midnight on Friday 12th January 2018.
Terms and conditions
We know reading terms and conditions are not the most fun thing to do, but it’s important to read them all to ensure your entry is valid to be in with a chance of winning the blockbuster holiday!
The following conditions apply to the redemption of the flights prize.
By entering the competition you confirm that you have read, understood and agreed to these terms and conditions.
One winner will be chosen to receive the prize of:
Two return direct flight tickets from either Heathrow or Gatwick to Los Angeles, California. There are restrictions on flight dates so pay close attention to the next bit.
1. Both flights must be booked by 26th March 2018. Contact details will be provided to the prize winner to proceed with the booking.
2. Both flights, outbound (UK to LA) and inbound (LA to UK) must be taken by 31st December 2018, excluding school holidays and UK bank holiday weekends.
3. The prize includes only return flights on direct flights from either Heathrow or Gatwick airport.
4. Blackout periods for school holidays are as follows:
a. 10th February – 18th February 2018
b. 24th March – 16th April 2018
c. 26th May – 4th June 2018
d. 7th July – 10th September 2018
e. 22 October – 2 November 2018
5. Reservation changes are not permitted after booking has been made.
6. Travel Republic will try to accommodate the dates selected but reserve the right to offer alternative dates.
7. Travel is subject to availability and capacity control, and during peak travel periods as decided by Travel Republic travel will not be allowed.
8. The prize is non-transferable and can only be redeemed by the normal prize winner. The prize cannot be exchanged for cash or vouchers, and once booked travel is non-refundable and cannot be changed or transferred to any other passenger.
9. All travel on the prize flights is subject to the chosen airline’s general conditions of carriage for passengers, ancillary items (i.e. baggage and meals) and the terms and conditions of contract contained on each ticket or itinerary.
10. Winners must be in possession of a valid passport and ESTA visa, and, where necessary, must have the necessary vaccinations and inoculations together with documentation proving this. They must arrange comprehensive medical insurance cover for themselves for the duration of the travel. Insurance can be purchased through Travel Republic here – http://www.travelrepublicinsurance.co.uk
11. Tickets are valid for the winner and accompanied by one travelling companion. These terms and conditions apply to both the winner and the travelling companion.
12. Details of the prize are as described, they do not include any additional benefits (e.g. Transfers, insurance, visa, health documents)
13. The winners will be responsible for their own travel to and from their chosen airport, accommodation, transfers and other costs associated with the trip.
14. Travel Republic reserves the right to cancel or amend without notice the terms of this competition. Any tickets or vouchers issued free or at a price in the event of a major catastrophe, war, earthquake or any actual anticipated or alleged breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other circumstances beyond the reasonable control of Travel Republic.
How to enter and eligibility for entry
15. To enter you must comment on the Travel Republic competition post with your three components for a blockbuster holiday, by choosing your favourite genre and scene from the lists provided in the graphic and your co-star. Only one entry per social media account will be valid. Reactions and shares on all social media platforms will not be counted.
16. Comments must include an answer for each component – Genre, Scene and Co-Star on the post to be deemed as a suitable answer by Travel Republic.
17. Comments must be posted between when the post is first published by Travel Republic, on Travel Republic Facebook, Twitter and Instagram channels and until 23:59hrs GMT on Friday 12th January 2018, to be a valid entry.
18. Entrants must be over 18 years old, hold a valid passport and be a UK resident as at 8th January 2018.
19. Competition closes 23:59hrs GMT 12/1/18, any entries received after the closing date and time will not be accepted.
20. An employee from Travel Republic will contact the winner via private message the social media channel they entered within 3 days of closing, and announce the winner across their social media accounts. Travel Republic will request full name and contact details to be used for the purpose of this competition only.
21. This competition is not open to Travel Republic employees.
Determination of winners
22. All valid entries across all social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) will be entered into a free prize draw and one winner will be chosen at random.
23. Travel Republic at its sole discretion may disqualify any entrant, where it suspects that the entrant has breached any of these Terms and Conditions.
24. Travel Republic reserves the right to announce the winners’ name on their social channels.
25. The prize must be accepted within 48 hours of being notified, after which Travel Republic reserves the right to select another winner who will receive the prize. Travel Republic cannot accept responsibility for late responses.
26. Once announced on Travel Republic’s Social Media Channels, the winner chosen at random are final and no correspondence will be entered into concerning the decision.
27. The prize can only be redeemed with Travel Republic.
28. Travel Republic reserves the right to request a short review of experience, hotel and flight prizes, with pictures, which may be featured on our company blog or social media.
29. If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of Travel Republic and which prevents Travel Republic from complying with or fulfilling any element of these Terms and Conditions, Travel Republic will not be liable or responsible in respect of such Force Majeure Event.
30. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
31. In addition, the prize winners booking will adhere to Travel Republic “Agency Terms and Conditions”
32. This competition will be governed by English law and the English courts have jurisdiction to hear any disputes in relation to it.