That time of year again and feel like you need a holiday already? Then it must be #TimeToTravelRepublic #Competition
We are offering a lucky fan the chance to win a five night holiday in Dubai, staying at the luxurious Atlantis The Palm, Dubai.
Whether you left the house without your umbrella before the heavens opened or spent a morning searching for your keys only to find them in the fridge, simply share the moment with us when you realised you need a holiday. Include #TimeToTravelRepublic, and you will be in for a chance to win this dream holiday.
Closes at midnight on 31/1/2020.
Terms and conditions
We know reading terms and conditions can be BORING, but it’s important to read them all to ensure your entry is valid and to be in with a chance of winning a holiday!
The following conditions apply to the redemption of the holiday prize.
By entering the competition, you confirm that you have read, understood and agreed to these terms and conditions.
How to enter and eligibility for entry
- To enter you must comment on the Travel Republic competition post with your story on why you need a holiday and include the hashtag #TimeToTravelRepublic
- Only one entry per social media account will be valid. Reactions and shares on all social media platforms will not be counted.
- All comments posted between 11.30hrs GMT on Monday 20th January 2020 and until 23:59hrs GMT on Friday 31st January 2020, on Travel Republic Facebook, Twitter and Instagram channels and deemed as a suitable answer by Travel Republic will be entered into a prize draw and one winner will be chosen at random.
- The competition closes 23:59hrs GMT 31/1/20 and any entries received after the closing date and time will not be accepted.
- This competition is not open to Travel Republic employees.
Determination of winners
- Travel Republic at its sole discretion may disqualify any entrant, where it suspects that the entrant has breached any of these Terms and Conditions.
- An employee from Travel Republic will contact the winner via private message the social media channel they entered within 7 days of closing and announce the winner across their social media accounts once the winner has accepted the prize. Travel Republic will request a full name and contact details to be used for the purpose of this competition only.
- Travel Republic reserves the right to announce the winners’ name on their social channels.
- The prize must be accepted within 48 hours of being notified, after which Travel Republic reserves the right to select another winner who will receive the prize. Travel Republic cannot accept responsibility for late responses.
- The prize can only be redeemed with Travel Republic.
- Travel Republic reserves the right to request a short review of experience, hotel and flight prizes, with pictures, which may be featured on our company blog or social media.
Dubai holiday details
- There is one (1) “Dubai Holiday” prize consisting of:
- A five night stay for up to two (2) adults in an Imperial Club Room at Atlantis, The Palm.
- Return economy flights from a UK airport to Dubai International Airport up to the value of £1,000 in total.
- Return luxury airport transfers from Dubai International Airport to Atlantis, The Palm.
- Imperial Club access, which offers private check-in and check-out, daily breakfast, afternoon tea, and cocktails and canapes in the Imperial Club Lounge.
- Unlimited access to Aquaventure Waterpark and The Lost Chambers Aquarium
- Dinner for two with bowling in Wavehouse including food and soft drinks.
- The winner may choose one (1) companion for the Dubai Holiday and must be the lead traveller on the Dubai Holiday. The winner and their companion (s) must travel on the same itinerary.
- The Dubai Holiday must be booked within two (2) months of the winner being contacted by Travel Republic and must be taken by 9th August 2020. Once booked, the Dubai Holiday cannot be changed. If the winner wishes to cancel or amend their booking, the winner shall pay additional fees.
- The holiday is subject to the following blackout dates:
- 1st to 26th February 2020
- 1st to 7th to 10th /19th to 31st March 2020
- 2nd to 24th April 2020
- 1st to 6th / 23rd to 31st May 2020
- 4th to 5th / 11th to 12th / 18th to 19th/ 25th to 26th June 2020
- 2nd to 3rd / 9th to 10th / 16th to 17th / 23rd to 24th / 30th to 31st July 2020
- 1st to 2nd / 6th to 7th August 2020
- Please note that the winner will need a current and valid credit/debit card with sufficient available funds in order to check in at the winner’s chosen hotel for security deposit purposes.
- The winner and their companion must be 18 years old to take up the Prize.
- There is no cash alternative to the Prize and there is no alternative prize if the winner is unable to travel for any reason. The prize is non-transferable and is to be used by the winner only.
- It is the responsibility of the winner to (i) organize and pay costs associated with obtaining visas for the travelling parties, (ii) ensure that the travelling party is adequately insured including without limitation covering overseas medical costs, and (iii) ensure that the travelling parties adhere to the travel itinerary and other relevant safety instructions as set out by Travel Republic. It is the responsibility of the winner to inform Travel Republic of any wheelchair or similar access requirements for the winner and/or their companion(s) when taking up the prize, and to adhere to any applicable health and safety guidelines.
- It is the responsibility of the winner to ensure that they and/or their companion(s) adhere to any visa entry requirements to the chosen destinations. It is the responsibility of the winner to adhere to the local laws in the chosen destinations including but not limited to the legal age limit for buying, drinking and possessing alcoholic beverages.
- Upon booking the Dubai Holiday, the winner will be bound by and subject to the Terms and Conditions of Travel Republic: https://www.travelrepublic.co.uk/ under ‘Terms of Business’.
- Please note Travel Republic will not be liable or give the winner a price reduction or compensation if Travel Republic’s contractual obligations to the winner are affected by unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances beyond the control of the party who seeks to rely on them which Travel Republic or the supplier(s) of the service(s) in question could not avoid even if all reasonable measures had been taken.
How to claim the prize
- An employee from Travel Republic will contact the winner to share further details on how to claim their prize.
- Once contacted by Travel Republic, the winner will need to contact Travel Republic to book their return economy flights from a UK airport to Dubai International Airport, up to the value of £1,000 in total. If the winner’s preferred flights exceed £1,000 (“Maximum Spend”), the winner must pay any costs above the Maximum Spend. The winner shall be advised of these additional costs at the time of booking by their travel consultant. If the chosen flights cost under the Maximum Spend, no cash exchange will be offered, and the remaining amount will be forfeited.
any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable
control of Travel Republic and which prevents Travel Republic from complying
with or fulfilling any element of these Terms and Conditions, Travel Republic
will not be liable or responsible in respect of such Force Majeure Event.
This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
- In addition, the prize winners booking will adhere to Travel Republic “Agency Terms and Conditions”
- This competition will be governed by English law and the English courts have jurisdiction to hear any disputes in relation to it.