Sol Don Pedro Hotel
Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain
Most recent booking for this hotel was yesterday at 22:42
“ Great location and food. Staff at reception not very welcoming or helpful. My son lost his phone by the pool and they were not helpful. Also did not inform us about hotel facilities when we arrived. Had to pay extra 40 euros for a balcony with some sunshine! The bar staff were excellent and waiters very kind.8.4 Great
Gary from BroadstairsLoading...
“ Excellent hotel the staff were very friendly. Rooms were spotless. Brilliant location. The food was very good.8.8 Excellent
Camilla from ExeterLoading...
Hotel overview Sol Don Pedro
The Sol Don Pedro hotel is located in a select, peaceful tourist area of Torremolinos, on the seaside promenade of El Bajondillo Beach. This forms part of the Don Hotel complex along with Sol Don Pablo and Sol Don Marco. 800 m from the city centre, 5 km. from Puerto Marina in Benalmadena, 7 km. from the airport and 51 km. from Puerto Banus in Marbella.
About our rooms Sol Don Pedro:
- 281 Rooms
- Non-smoking rooms
- Terrace in the double rooms
- Bathroom with hair-dryer
- Individual air-conditioning
- Satellite TV
- WiFi internet conection
- Safe (not included)
Services and facilities Sol Don Pedro:
- Hotel adapted to the needs of the disabled
- Limited number of car park spaces
- Baby-sitter service (additional charge / upon request)
- Internet room
- 2 shops in the complex
- Hairdresser in the complex (additional charge)
- Medical services in the complex (additional charge)
- Shops, bookstore, supermarket, chemist’s and motorbike rental close by
- Wi-Fi Internet service - available free of charge in communal areas and for a local extra charge in bedrooms (available as of June 20th, 2012)
Leisure services Sol Don Pedro:
Free access to all complex installations, among them:
- 9 swimming pools (adults and children ) surrounded with gardens, one of them covered and thermostat controlled in winter, with free hammock and sun umbrella service; towel rentals
- Interior hydro-massage
- Hydromassage at the Spa with extra charge
- Delfinus Spa with therapy centre and beauty clinic with extra charge
- Massage and physiotherapy with extra charge
- Table tennis
- 6 lawn bowling alleys
- Tennis courts (extra charge)
- Multi-sport court
- Group games
- Card rooms
- Day and night amusement programs for all ages
- Miniclub for children from 5 years of age (in summer)
- Dancing and shows with live music
- Water sports in front of the hotel: windsurfing, sailing, diving, pedal boats, water skiing, deep-sea fishing. 18-hole golf course 1.5 km away; 5 golf courses less than 21 km from the hotel
Restaurants and bars Sol Don Pedro:
- Restaurant serving a splendid hot and cold buffet for breakfast, lunch and dinner, with cooking show and Italian corner
- Swimming pool snack bar (open in summer)
- Salon bar and amusement bar
- "El Delfín" restaurant, with buffet luncheons (open in summer)
- 3 more bars in the complex
Our customer reviews
Gary from Broadstairs
Great location and food. Staff at reception not very welcoming or helpful. My son lost his phone by the pool and they were not helpful. Also did not inform us about hotel facilities when we arrived. Had to pay extra 40 euros for a balcony with some sunshine!
The bar staff were excellent and waiters very kind. Overall enjoyed the stay.
Just like to say thank you travel republic for great service and brilliant airline [Norwegian]. Have already recommended you both to two other families. Thanks again
Pauline from Shrewsbury
“ Could not find rep when arrived in Malaga. Sat on transfer bus for nearly an hour waiting others to arrive - not acceptable at all.
Camilla from Exeter
“ Excellent hotel the staff were very friendly. Rooms were spotless. Brilliant location. The food was very good.
Veronica from Cemaes Bay
We went for a long weekend (5 days) unsure of what to expect. We were initially very disappointed by our room which looked directly at an 8 ft high fence about 6 ft from our balcony, making the room feel very claustrophobic, we asked for a better room which we had to pay an extra 49 euros for. Check in was slow and we missed our dinner on the first night because of it, but with hindsight I'm sure if we had asked the restuarant staff they would have organised something for us. The Hotel was very traditional and SPOTLESSLY CLEAN. The gardens were well tended and the outside areas kept clean & tidy even though there was building work going on whilst we were there.
The restuarant was without doubt exceptional in the way that it was run, the staff were truly superb as they dealt with so many people so efficiently and were always helpful and pleasant, we cannot praise them enough Waiters, Waitresses and Chefs. The food though not 'Haute Cuisine' was excellent, plenty of variety and as much as you could wish to eat, very well laid out buffet and hot or chilled where it should be . We enjoyed every meal be it breakfast or dinner and though the turnover of guests was tremendous we never felt rushed or under pressure to hurry our food.
The bedrooms, though not spacious, were adequate and cleaned daily by cheerful friendly cleaners. Our really big disappointment was that there were no tea/coffee making facilities in the room but that would not deter us from going back, we would just make sure that we took our own with us.
Definitely a Hotel for the middle aged, though it was part of a complex of three interlinked, we did not explore the other two which might have been more suited for the younger generation or families.
Overall we thoroughly enjoyed our stay, My husband and I both agree that if we were in a position to do so that we would return there.
“ Top Tip: Hotel was on the sea front which is all some people need but if you want to explore the town there are 194 steps to climb to get up to it OR just simply take a very well organised lift for 50 cents per trip. Not well advertised and slightly hidden up a back street not too far from the hotel.
Catherine from Portrush
“ excellent hotel as regards location, food choices and quality, cleanliness and appearance. However I booked a double room with terrace or balcony and a pool or sea view if possible. The room was on the ground floor with a furnished terrace looking onto a foliage covered wall about 6 feet away., very dark and gloomy. The gent. at reception desk was unwilling to change our room to a sunny pool view, stating that we booked a room on ground floor with no balcony and an upgrade would cost 15 euros per night extra.There were some rooms vacant on the ground floor along side the pool . There would have been no hardship to grant my request during the low season.