Tryp Port Cambrils Hotel
Cambrils, Costa Dorada, Spain
“ Great hotel, rooms wonderful, food just brilliant and lots of choices - nice and quiet area with nice beaches 10 minute walk, nice long walks along safe promenades, with small places for refreshments. Don't take any notice of complaints about train noise for 3 seconds - our air conditioning unit made more noise. Just enjoy a wonderful hotel, wonderful food and great quiet holiday area.10.0 Spectacular
Roy from RochesterLoading...
“ staff very helpfull10.0 Spectacular
Richard from EdinburghLoading...
The newly-built Tryp Port Cambrils hotel is located right in the city center of Cambrils, only 300 m distance from the beach and the Marina. The famous theme park Port Aventura Park is only 7 km distance from the hotel, Salou 5 km and Tarragona - a designated world cultural heritage site - is 18 km away. The regional airport of Reus is 12 km away and international airport of Barcelona 110 km.
About our rooms TRYP Port Cambrils:
- 156 rooms including, 4 Junior Suite, 2 rooms for the disabled, 20 connecting rooms and 4 Family room
- 14 Premium Rooms with sea view and Premium Bed (developed by Flex), financial newspapers, iron and ironing board, etc.
- Bathroom with hair-dryer, magnifying mirror, antimoist mirror, telephone and amenities
- Air-conditioning and heating
- Satellite TV
- Direct dial telephone
- Wireless Internet Access
- Writing desk
- Free safe
Services and facilities TRYP Port Cambrils:
- WIFI Internet access throughout the hotel
- Parking for up to 80 cars (not included)
- Hotel fully adapted to the needs of the disabled
Leisure services TRYP Port Cambrils:
- 2 Outdoor swimming pools, one for children
- Renovated gymnasium with Cardio-Theater system
- 2 Saunas
- Children's area
- Evening entertainment: Dance to live music and theme nights with dinner show (both in high season only)
- Watersports and multiadventure tours available at the Watersports Center of the Costa Daurada
- 5 Golf courses nearby
Restaurants and bars TRYP Port Cambrils:
- Buffet-style Restaurant Tosca with theme buffets and show-cooking service (open from 8pm to 10pm)
- À la Carte Restaurant Aida specialized in nouvelle cuisine (open from 8pm to 11pm)
- Barbecue Il Corsario, poolside, serving drinks, ice cream and snacks (in summertime only, open from 11am to 6pm)
- Terraza Veranda serving a range of sandwiches and set meals from 1.30pm to 4pm, and aperitifs and drinks all day long (in summertime only)
- Lobby bar, the perfect spot for a drink, set meal or sandwich (open from 10.30pm to midnight; 1am on weekends)
- On request, special menues for companies, coffee breaks, banqueting service, weddings and cocktail receptions
- Half board includes breakfast and dinner
Our customer reviews
Lindsay from Derby
[This customer did not leave a comment]
Michael from St. Helens
[This customer did not leave a comment]
Steven from Bristol
“ clean and smart. helpful staff. food is rather plain.
Piers from Caterham
“ Bar not manned at all times and reception had to call for help on several occasions.
Richard from Wallasey
All in all this is a very good hotel who made our stay comfortable and pleasant. The staff at this hotel are very attentive, helpful and happy to do anything for you. We stayed here for 7 nights with our 6 year old son and used the hotel more of a base as opposed to a holiday resort. On arrival we were told our room was ready which was great since it was 10 o'clock in the morning. When we entered the room the third bed was not made up (sofa couch) and there was evidence of previous guests with human hair on the floor, in the bathroom and in the wardrobe and dust on furniture ledges/skirtings. We mentioned this to the reception staff who were happy to be told and promised to have it all sorted. After a short walk around we returned and sure enough everything had been done with a sincere apology from the duty manager.
We stayed half board basis and I must say the food for breakfast and dinner (both buffet style) was excellent. Always plenty to choose and the staff always helpful and ready to please.
The only downside was that there was nothing for the children to do. There is a pool (which was slightly too cold at this time of year) but no other type of activities. (this may be different during July/Aug). Even the TV did not offer any English speaking channels. A pool table or X box/Wii in the bar/lobby area may have kept us in the hotel during the evening.
Fortunately the location of the hotel is excellent with a 2 min walk to the beach or marina area of Cambrils. 5 mins and you are in the town centre with all the bars/shops/resteraunts. Cambrils is a beautiful town with all the Spanish charm that nearby Salou does not offer.
I would certainly recommend this hotel for its location/staff/food but if you are looking for a holiday were you can keep the kids occupied then unless it is different in high season you would be better elsewhere. You get the impression the hotel caters more for the local/business clients on a short stay basis but if you are a couple and do not like all the 'Brits abroad' bling then this is certainly the place to stay.