Salou, Costa Dorada, Spain
Most recent booking for this hotel was 07/03/2014 at 22:57
“ Brill hotel, all inclusive a must as the food and drink is good quality. Entertainment good every night for couples or families. Recommended.10.0 Spectacular
Philip from Douglas, Isle Of ManLoading...
“ Great hotel very friendly staff would def return8.4 Great
Charlotte from BedfordLoading...
Official Rating - 3*
The Medplaya Calypso, located in Salou, is just 10 minutes from the beach, 3km from the Port Aventura theme park, and 12km from the Reus Airport. There are 532 double rooms, all with full bathrooms, balconies, air conditioning and telephones. The restaurant is buffet-style and in the summer you can enjoy the open air restaurant.
The Medplaya Calypso has two swimming pools, hydro-massage and many other facilities and services to help you enjoy your stay. A particular highlight is the different daytime and night-time entertainment programs as well as the shows and thematic dinners.
The Medplaya Calypso is located in Salou, one of the main tourist centres of the Costa Dorada. This coast enjoys an exceptional climate with beautiful fine-sand beaches and coves. It offers a variety of ways to enjoy the sea with all kinds of water sports. Salou is also an excellent point from which to set off and explore many of the marvellous spots on the coast and throughout the province of Tarragona.
Double Rooms: (per 1, 2, 3 or 4 people) The Medplaya Calypso has 459 double rooms with two separate beds, full bathroom, balcony, air conditioning and heating, cable and satellite TV and telephone. Optional safe deposit box.
- Recently refurbished
- 10 minutes from the beach; 3 km. from Port Aventura.
- Buffet service restaurant
- Open air restaurant. (July and August)
- Internet Centre
- Large entertainment team
- Night-time shows
- Air conditioning
- Full bathroom
- Cable/ Satellite TV
- Cots on Request.
- Optional safe deposit box
- Check-in time: 12:00 p.m.
- Check-out time: 10:30 a.m.
- There is a parking area just 150 meters from the hotel.
- Gifts, souvenirs.
- Two swimming pools for adults, one with hydromassage and two pools for children.
- Game room.
- Leisure area with four bowling lanes, table football and pool tables.
- Children’s play ground.
- Ping Pong table.
- Entertainment team with two monitors. Activities all day long and shows at night.
Our dining room offers a buffet-style service, where you will find a wide variety of Mediterranean and continental dishes to choose from. In the summer months you can choose to dine at the open-air Al Fresco restaurant that features an a la carte menu of Mediterranean cuisine, where you can try the succulent meat and fish specialties made by our chef. You can also enjoy the thematic dinners organized by our entertainment team.
- Buffet restaurant open for lunch (from 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.), dinner (from 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.) and breakfast (from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.) in the hotel. There are thematic dinners three days a week (Caribbean, Western, Tex-Mex, Italian and others).
- Open air restaurant open in July and August, serving dinners a la carte from 7:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- One free dinner for a week-long stay.
- Pool bar
- Bay bar
- Apple Bar (from 7:30 p.m. to 3:00 a.m.) with big screen TV for sports events and movies
- Mediterranean bar-lounge
- Handicap accessible.
- No disabled rooms.
- No pets are allowed, except guide dogs.
- Public telephone
- Internet centre
- Taxi service
- Currency exchange
- Car rental
- Port Aventura ticket sales
- The hotel has a luggage storage room where you can leave your bags
All In - All Inclusive
Breakfast Buffet: (08:00 - 10:00)
- Cold Breakfast: Coffee (Sara Lee / Marcilla) and branded fruit juice (Pascual). A variety of fresh bread and cakes, cereals, fresh fruit and a selection of cold meats.
- English Breakfast: eggs, bacon, sausages, etc...
Lunch Buffet: (13:00 - 14:30)
- Selection of salads, meat, fish, rice, pasta, French fries, steamed/boiled vegetables, fresh fruit and homemade desserts.
- Drinks: Water, wine, soft drinks and beer.
Dinner Buffet: (19:00 - 21:30)
- Selection of salads, soups, meat, fish, pasta, fresh fruit and homemade desserts.
- Drinks: Water, wine, soft drinks and beer.
- Vegetarian Meals, and Specials: Tex-mex, Indian, Chinese.
Snacks: (14:00 - 19:30)
- Sandwiches, crisps, nuts and dried fruits.
- Afternoon Tea includes tea, coffee (normal and decaffeinated), milk, sugar and cakes/biscuits.
Icecreams: (09:00 - 23:00)
- Selection of individual tubs of Ice cream (minimum 3 flavours)
Drinks: (09:00 - 23:00)
- House wine, sangria, soft drinks, water, coffee, tea, national beers and national spirits (gin, vodka, rum, whisky, brandy etc Adults Only)
- Note: IMPORTED ALCOHOLIC AND NON ALCOHOLIC DRINKS ARE NOT INCLUDED.
Entertainment: (10:00 - 11:30, 15:00 - 16:30, 20:30 - 00:00)
- Daily daytime and evening Entertainment and Activity Programme.
All Inclusive Process
All In customers are identified with a bracelet or card (personal and non-transferable) which givems them access to all their amenities. All customers who are in the same reservation group must be on the All In (all inclusive) option during the whole duration of their stay.
All products listed in the All Inclusive List in the bar, Snack-bar, diningroom and so on are quality brands. There will be a supplementary charge of 50% of the public selling price for all other drinks not included in this list. The customer will be served with a maximum of two drinks at any one time. It is not permitted to accumulate drinks or give them to other customers. Alcoholic beverages will not be served to under 18s. In the interest of Hygiene and Health and Safety it is not permitted to take food or drinks from the dining room or snack bar. The Management reserves the right to refuse to serve alcohol to those behaving inappropriately. All of the All Inclusive amenities are exclusive to the customer and sharing with customers on different board options is not permitted. In case of infringement of the All In benefits, non-acceptance or non-compliance with these rules, the Hotel reserves the right to withdraw all facilities. For your benefit and following the norms of health and hygiene, food or drinks cannot be taken out of the Dining Room or the Snack-bar. The management reserves the right to refuse to serve alcohol to those behaving inappropriately. All the All Inclusive amenities are exclusive to the customer and sharing with customers on different schemes is not permitted. In case of infringement of the All In advantages, or non-acceptance or non-compliance with these rules, the Hotel reserves the right to cease all amenities.
Our customer reviews
Philip from Douglas, Isle Of Man
“ Brill hotel, all inclusive a must as the food and drink is good quality. Entertainment good every night for couples or families. Recommended.
Charlotte from Bedford
“ Great hotel very friendly staff would def return
Euan from Dundee
The hotel staff are excellent, from the reception staff to the bar staff and the entertainment team.
I really could not find fault with them.
The only minor faults of this hotel are that the bedrooms in calypso 1 are in need of some refurbishment and the food in the buffet restaurant was a bit similar every night.
The food at the terrace grill more than made up for this though.
For a 3 star hotel you more than get value for money
“ Top Tip: A visit to chaplins pub is a must
Bryan from Hereford
“ very clean , lots of entertainment , staff always smiling and very helpful , food ok , albeit the choise of options was not large - that said you would not go hungry
Rebecca from York
This hotel was just what we needed, a week away to destress. The all inclusive package also worked really well for us and is a great deal as there is plenty of options available .
lots of choice at the buffet and really organised staff and routine. Although we did not have any children with us it was clear that it is a fun and safe place to take children as the staff were fab with them. Rooms were nice and spacious. There was a great choice of bars within the hotel and although it is situated next to a main road it doesnt feel it once you enter the hotel. Entertainment was also good and varied and meant we always had something to do in the evening. Although there was lots of activities going on all day we never felt pressured to join in and were quite happy just to enjoy the sun. Lovely stay and would go again.