Fantastic in a lot of ways but particularly the location with its own lovely stretch of beach with amazing views of the incredible Med, short walking distance from the famous Malia strip (unfortunately mostly closed down as we were just out of season), and our visits to both the splendid places of Heraklion and Agios Nikaloas less than an hour away on the coach which was so good value.Sumit Kumar from Aylesbury, checked in Fri 06 Oct 2023
- 6 swimming pools
- 7 restaurants
- Private beach
About Ikaros Beach Luxury Resort and Spa
Ikaros Beach Luxury Resort and Spa is a 5-star hotel, located on the northern coast of Crete. The hotel is positioned on a rocky peninsula, overlooking the Cretan sea. The hotel’s design is inspired by a traditional Cretan village, complete with stone-built alleys and landscaped gardens. There are plenty of places to relax, with a private, sandy beach just steps away. There is also an on-site spa and 4 swimming pools. The hotel has 2 separate pools for children.
Restaurants are plentiful, with 7 to choose from. You can enjoy cuisine from all over the world and make the most of the hotel’s themed nights. There are also 4 bars, where a team of mixologists will create refreshing cocktails for you. The hotel has lots of family-friendly facilities, including a children’s playground, mini disco and live entertainment. There are also family rooms which offer extra space.
Who Is It Great for?
Visitors recommend this hotel when travelling as a family thanks to the range of family-friendly facilities. Guests particularly found the numerous swimming pools and kids’ club a benefit and commented positively on the private beach area. Visitors also recommend the hotel for couples, citing the wide choice of restaurants as a highlight.
At a Glance
- Beachfront hotel
- 2km from Malia
- 11km from Hersonissos
- 31km from Heraklion Airport
Pool and Leisure
- 4 adult pools
- 2 children’s pools
- Private beach
- Sun loungers and umbrellas
- Indoor heated pool
- Kids’ club
- Fitness classes
- Children’s playground
- Tennis courts
- Beach volleyball
Restaurant and Bars
- 7 restaurants
- 4 bars
- Mini market
- Live entertainment every night
- Supervised children’s entertainment
- Mini disco
- Disabled access facilities
- Free Wi-Fi
- 24-hour reception
- Currency exchange
- Airport transfer (surcharge)
- 24-hour room service (surcharge)
- Laundry service (surcharge)
- Doctor on site (certain hours only)
- Gift shop
- Book shop
- Jewellery shop
Local Area and Things to Do
The hotel’s many facilities offer plenty to keep you entertained but there is lots to do in the local area too. The centre of Malia is just 2km from the hotel. This area has a vibrant nightlife, with an abundance of bars. For something quieter, explore Malia Old Town – just a 250m walk from the centre – where you’ll walk through cobbled streets to find traditional tavernas. Stop at the Church of Agios Nektarios to admire the stunning décor inside. The town of Hersonissos is 11km from the hotel and the local tavernas here are a great place to try authentic Greek food.
Food and Drink
- Olive- the hotel’s main restaurant serves a buffet for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Themed nights give you the chance to try Greek, Asian, Italian, Mexican and Cretan cuisine
- Ayeri- this restaurant offers authentic Mediterranean cuisine and boasts spectacular sea views
- Ouzeri- a fish tavern where chefs prepare meals right in front of you
- Veranda- this restaurant specialises in artistic dishes and is also a cocktail and wine bar
- Sunset- Asian cuisine served in a seaside setting
- En Lefko- an Italian restaurant serving pizza, pasta, burgers and sandwiches
- Privée- a private dining experience in a secluded gazebo
- Ikaros Lobby Bar- the place to try signature cocktails made by a team of mixologists
- Daedalos Bar- the hotel’s central bar serves poolside cocktails
- Aeolos Pool Bar- ice creams, light meals and refreshing drinks are available here
- 253 rooms
Overview of Rooms
All guest rooms are spacious and modern, decorated in warm, earthy tones with wooden features. There are a variety of room types to choose from, including standard rooms, family rooms, bungalows and suites. You can also choose between rooms with impressive sea views or private pools. All rooms have either a private balcony or terrace, air conditioning, satellite TV, mini fridge, tea and coffee making facilities and free Wi-Fi. Suites offer additional amenities like slippers, bath robes, beach towels and sea views.
Information based on previous season and could be subject to change.
Bar and restaurant opening times may vary based on the season.
Babysitting / Childcare