Hotel was so much more than I expected. The pools, restaurants and bars were amazing and all spotlessly clean, there seemed to be one cleaner for every 10 square yard of hotel and they didn’t stop. There are lots of activities, great beach and jetty to snorkel from and loads more.Christopher from Herne Bay, checked in Sun 21 Jan 2024
- 10 outdoor pools
- Kid’s Club
- 7 Restaurants and 11 bars
About Royal Albatros Moderna
The five star Royal Albatros Moderna is located on the shores of the Red Sea, in the Nabq Bay area of Sharm el Sheikh, Egypt. Offering all inclusive accommodation, this hotel has seven restaurants including a food court and eleven bars to choose from. It is located directly on the beach, overlooking the coral reefs and the Straits of Tiran.
The hotel has 10 outdoor pools including an adult waterpark with eight water slides and a kids’ waterpark with 24 slides, as well as a kids’ club, playground and a wide range of sporting activities. A spa, fitness centre, shopping arcade, and a kids’ cinema are also available, as well as a shuttle bus to the centre of Sharm el Sheikh where you will find even more activities and shopping opportunities.
Who is it Great for?
The Royal Albatros Moderna has been highly rated by families who like the waterpark, outdoor pools and the kids’ club.
At a Glance
- Direct access to the beach
- 17 km from Nabq Bay
- 13 km to Sharm el-Sheikh International Airport
Pool and Leisure
- 10 outdoor pools
- Adult waterpark with 8 slides
- Kids’ waterpark with 24 slides
- Sun terrace
- Fitness centre
- Mini golf
- Kids’ cinema
Restaurant and Bars
- Food court
- 6 restaurants
- 11 bars
- Kids’ club
- Daytime entertainment programme
- Evening entertainment
- Room service
- Wi-Fi available
- Currency exchange
- Shuttle bus service
- Shopping arcade
Local Area and Things to Do
The Nabq Bay and Sharm el Sheikh area is renowned for its excellent diving facilities. Explore the shipwrecks in the Strait of Tiran area or visit the many coral reefs in the area with one of the local dive schools or by joining an organised diving boat trip from Nabq Bay. For those who prefer not to dive, there are plenty of boat trips on offer that will take you to see the coral reefs and shipwrecks without needing to leave the boat.
For the adventurous amongst you, take a quad or jeep safari through the desert to enjoy an exhilarating ride, go by day and get a chance to meet a local Bedouin tribe or visit by night for a chance to do some star gazing.
Food and Drink
- Mediterranean buffet restaurant- serving international cuisine.
- Soprano Italian restaurant.
- L’asiatique Asian restaurant.
- Tagine Oriental restaurant.
- Zum Kaiser German restaurant.
- White Elephant Thai restaurant- à la carte choices. (Extra charge)
- Food court- serving drinks and fast food.
- Columbus café- serving drinks and chocolate specialities.
- Lobby bar- serving a range of drinks.
- Sports bar- serving drinks and live sports.
- La Veranda Pool bar- serving drinks and snacks.
- Active pool bar- serving drinks and snacks.
- Relaxation- serving drinks and snacks.
- Aqua Park bar- serving drinks.
- Terrace café- serving drinks and snacks.
- Beach bar- serving drinks and snacks.
- Irish Pub- serving a range of drinks.
- Shisha Corner- with traditional water pipes.
- 658 rooms
- 3 floors
- Wi-Fi available
Overview of Rooms
Offering standard rooms, family rooms and suites, all rooms in this accommodation come with select comfort mattresses, Egyptian cotton bedding, air conditioning, balcony or terrace, LCD Satellite TVs and double or twin beds.
Information based on previous season and could be subject to change.
Bar and restaurant opening times may vary based on the season.