Hotel was fantastic, lots of facilities and great being so close to the jungle. Superb having your own Cenote actually in the grounds of the hotelGraham from Henlow, checked in Sat 17 Dec 2022
Sandos Caracol Eco Resort is an all-inclusive Hotel in Playa del Carmen. Located in Riviera Maya, Mexico only 45 minutes from the Cancun International Airport and just 10 minutes from downtown Playa del Carmen. Designed for nature-lovers and explorers, this hotel in Playa del Carmen lies in the middle of a lush green area at the edge of an exotic jungle, surrounded by cenotes, mangroves and natural lagoons: an ecologically-rich environment for those who dream about a perfect escape.
Sandos Caracol is also a family-friendly hotel, offering adventure with your children with key features such as a water park and a Kids Club. In addition, this Riviera Maya hotel boasts gorgeous gardens, delicious a la carte restaurants, tennis courts, nightclub, and wedding facilities. If you love nature and animals and wish to explore the turquoise waters of the Mexican
Caribbean, Sandos Caracol is the perfect vacation destination.
Sandos Caracol Eco Resort offers 956 air-conditioned rooms and junior suites. Rooms are spread among 78 buildings with 3 levels each one: 11 Royal Elite, 16 Select Club Adults Only 18+ and 51 Sanditos Family Section buildings.
SANDITOS FAMILY SECTION
639 centrally located rooms and Junior Suites with air conditioning.
Standard Room: Two Queen Size beds or one King Size bed. Bathroom with shower, including hair dryer. Air conditioning, ceiling fan, cable T.V., radio alarm clock, telephone, minibar with mineral water, soft drinks and beer (restocked every other day), safety deposit box, balcony or terrace with Garden, Pool or Jungle view. Maximum Capacity 3 Adults and 1 child OR 2 Adults and 2 children.
Deluxe Room: One king size bed with one additional double sofa bed. Bathroom with shower, including hair dryer and Jacuzzi. Air conditioning, ceiling fan, cable T.V., radio alarm clock, telephone, minibar with mineral water, soft drinks and beer (restocked every other day), safety deposit box, balcony or terrace with Garden, Pool or Jungle view. Maximum Capacity 3 Adults and 1 child OR 2 Adults and 2 children.
Junior Suites: A spacious Junior Suite with one king size bed plus integrated living area with one double sofa bed. Terrace with garden, pool or jungle view and Jacuzzi. Bathroom with shower, including hair dryer. Air conditioning, ceiling fan, cable T.V., radio alarm clock, telephone, minibar with mineral water, soft drinks and beer (restocked every other day), safety deposit box. Maximum Capacity 3 Adults and 1 child OR 2 Adults and 2 children.
Key facts for families:
·Water Park with 17 fun slides and water games surrounded by water spouts.
·Eco Activities for Kids: We focus on teaching our children to live in harmony with nature, and to take care of the environment. We offer a variety of activities designed to help children interact with our native animals and plants
·Kids Club fully equipped with PlayStation, jungle gym, child care professionals, trampoline, and a mini movie theatre, open from 10:00 am to 10:00 pm with fully supervised activities program such as: children’s pool, games and arts & crafts and mini disco.
·Baby Club for the ages 2-3 years from 10 am to 1 pm and 3 pm to 6pm.
·Teens Activities for 13 to 17 years old with assistance of our animation and sports team. Music, pool tables, table tennis, foosball (table football), beach soccer, volleyball, among others. Schedule times may vary according to weekly program.
SELECT CLUB ADULTS ONLY (18+)
Enjoy the exclusive Select Club, an Adults Only Section (18+) within the Sandos Caracol Eco Resort. The exclusive
surroundings create a relaxing environment, intended to provide a romantic, luxury setting for adult guests.
Select Club Superior & Select Club Deluxe
In room amenities
· Bottle of sparkling wine and fruit basket
· 42” Plasma TV with Satellite
· Hot & cold water dispenser
· Safety deposit box large enough to hold a laptop
· Fully-stocked mini-bar including snacks (restocked every day)
· 24-hour Room Service
· Vanity mirror
· Hair Dryer
Select Club Superior
· 1 King size or 2 double beds
· Maximum occupancy: 3 adults
Select Club Deluxe
· One king size bed and a sofa bed, with a Hydro Massage Tub in the room.
· Maximum occupancy: 3 adults
Select Club Penthouse
· Iron and ironing board
· Individual air conditioning control
· Bathrobes for use in the room
· Luxury linens and pillows
· Master bedroom with luxury furnishing, one king size bed, living room with a double sofa bed, and a large Hydro Massage Tub on the terrace.
· Maximum occupancy: 4 adults
This private area allows maximum privacy from the rest of the hotel and offers:
· Private check-in at exclusive Select Club Adults Only reception.
· Private concierge
· Select Club bracelets
· Exclusive pool and Jacuzzi with luxury sun loungers and free WiFi access in the pool area.
· An exclusive a la carte restaurant for breakfast and lunch with delicious gourmet dishes.
Select Club Adults Only Ocean Front Club House:
The exclusive Select Club Adults Only Ocean Front Club House allows you to enjoy the beach in an adult-only atmosphere, providing peace and quiet for maximum relaxation.
The club house includes the following features:
· Private concierge to make sure everything is perfect for your enjoyment
· Towel service
· Lockers & Showers
· Premium liquor bar and snacks
· Selection of books and reading area
· Living room with TV and video games
· Pool table
· Free WiFi access
The beach area offers:
· Lounge chairs
· Bali beds
· Waiter service that is no more than a wave away to assure you don’t have to leave your relaxing oasis on the beach for refreshments
ROYAL ELITE SECTION
Our Royal Elite Section is located in front of the main pool and the ocean.
Designed to be ecologically sustainable, this section of the hotel boasts ultra-efficient air conditioning units that lower power consumption. Solar-powered water heating systems have been installed in each villa, in order to avoid using gas. Our villas also have in-room LED lighting systems, ands internal water recycling system to avoid excess energy consumption and waste.
These rooms are some of the most eco- efficient rooms of the Riviera Maya, all without sacrificing comfort or luxury.
Royal Elite guests over 21 years old are also able to Access and enjoy all Select Club Adults Only facilities.
In room amenities
· 42” plasma TV with satellite and video on demand
· iPod Player
· WiFi in the room
· Safety deposit box large enough to hold a laptop.
· Fully-stocked mini-bar including snacks
· 24-hour Room Service
· Premium liquor bottles
· Hot and cold purified water dispenser
· Vanity Mirror
· Hair Dryer
· Iron and ironing board
· Individual Air Conditioning control
· Bathrobes to use in the room
Royal Elite Superior
· 2 double beds or 1 king size bed.
Royal Elite One Bedroom Suite
· One bedroom with king size bed, a living room with double sofa bed. Designed for families.
· This room can connect with a superior room.
Royal Elite Penthouse
· One bedroom with king size bed, a living room with double sofa bed and a jacuzzi.
· Ocean View
Maximum Capacity 3 adults or 2 adults & 2 children.
"ALL INCLUSIVE” FOR ALL GUESTS AT THE 3 SECTIONS:
· All meals included every day: Buffet Breakfast, Buffet Lunch, Buffet or à la carte Dinner. 24 hours all inclusive.
· Unlimited domestic drinks: beer, soft drinks, house wine and domestic & international cocktails including disco (18+) 24 hours within the Resort
· Hotel Taxes and service charges
· Free WiFi in designated public areas of the hotel
· 2 Tennis Courts unlimited day and night use within schedule of operation (reservation required). Includes equipment (balls & rackets), proper attire and court shoes required.
· Water sports: Boogie board, Sailing (insurance fee applies, lessons not included) & Kayaking (subject to ocean conditions). Snorkeling gear (1 hour per day) and introductory Scuba Diving lesson in pool (once per stay).
· Gym: free use of fitness equipment, sauna, steam room & Jacuzzi (18 + years).
· Daily activities program with our sports and entertainment team: darts, dancing courses, billiards, football, zumba, beach activities, pool games, water aerobics, water polo, beach volleyball and water volleyball...
· 3 Pools: 1 Exclusive for Select Club Adults Only 21+ Guests, 1 Chill Out Pool, 1 Activities Pool with separate children area.
· Splashing Water Park for children with 17 fun water slides and games surrounded by water spouts.
· Kids Club from 10:00 am to 10:00 pm with fully supervised activities program such as: children’s pool, games and arts & crafts and mini disco.
· Baby Club for infants ages 2-3 years from 10 am to 1 pm and 3 to 6 pm
· Teens Activities for 13 to 17 years old with assistance of our animation and sports team. Music, pool tables, table tennis, foosball (table football), beach soccer, etc.
· Nightly entertainment at the theatre: Shows, live music and theme
· Trendy Disco Bar with music from 11pm to 2 am (18+ years).
Sandos Caracol Eco Resort is proud to offer the Xcalacoco [ishka´la´ko´ko] Experience, a unique interactive program that allows guests to discover the Mayan culture on distinctive natural surroundings. At Sandos Caracol Eco Resort, Xcalacoco is a way of being, living and thinking. Weekly activities program include daily eco tours focused on a different topic each day, nature trails that allow guests explore the Mayan jungle, morning jog in the jungle, and meditation sessions on the beach. Witness Mayan representative ceremonies and transport to yesteryear with a tale as old as time. Visit a Mayan herb garden, plant indigenous plant species significant to the Mayan culture, and participate in natural treatments and ancient rituals at the Spa. Through adventures in nature and environmental activities, we encourage all of our guests to reconnect with nature, respect the planet and engage in ecologically sustainable practices.
· Participate in these fantastic celebrations of the Mayan people. Allow yourself to be carried away by the sound, the smell and the movements of ancient rituals that will transport your spirit to a mystic time in the Mayan culture:
· The Arrival on the Beach
· Offering in the Cenote
· The Fire of Life
· Bike Path: This route is designed to familiarize our guests with our propertys abundant natural attractions. You can choose the path that is best suited to your physical capacity. This circuit consists of three sections that will carry you through the jungle.
· Underground Spring Route: This path winds through the jungle among a series of natural underground springs that are located within the property. You’ll enjoy learning how these bodies of underground water, which are characteristic of and unique to the region, have developed into a complex system over the past several hundred years.
· Mangrove Path: Explore, discover, and enjoy one of the most important habitats the coastal zones of the Mexican Caribbean.
· Romantic boat ride: Experience a relaxed boat ride through a winding natural river that allows you to come in contact with a diverse array of native plants and animals (reservation required, couples only).
· Aviary/Bird Sanctuary: Admire a great number of multicolored birds that freely interact in a natural location among lush vegetation and incomparable beauty.
· Deer Encounter: Quietly arrive at the grounds and admire these white-tailed deer. Observe them interacting with other species and take unique pictures.
· Discover the Mayan Jungle: Whether morning, afternoon or night, stay alert and we’re certain that you’ll observe some of the wildlife present at our hotel. We have more than 60 species of mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians and crustaceans.
· Turtle Lagoon: Enjoy observing several species of freshwater turtles in this natural body of water. Don’t miss the chance to take some photos when they come to the surface to sunbath on the rocks and logs within the lagoon
· Iguanas: You can admire an infinite number of iguanas from the region throughout the Sandos Caracol complex. You’ll have the chance to view these prehistoric examples of jungle wildlife at close range and take pictures to remember your experience.
· Mangrove Crabs: These peculiar inhabitants of the mangroves will surprise you with their bright colors, strange walk and unique characteristics. Due to their reproductive cycles, you are most likely to see them between May and September.
· Plant a Tree: We support the protection and conservation of Mexican forest in the state of Quintana Roo. Be part of this important program.
Flora and Fauna
· Eco Club Nursery: Visit our nursery and get to know all the native plants of the region. If you wish to participate in our program of plant propagation, you can help us plant much more than just a tree.
· Mayan Herb Garden: Discover some of the secrets of traditional Mayan medicine and open yourself to the surprises of the unbelievable benefits that a large number of native plants hold for you.
· Orchids: Admire the incredible beauty of these singular plants and allow yourself to be carried away by the haven of peace and tranquility that you’ll encounter in this lovely space.
· Mangroves: All throughout our complex you’ll have the opportunity to encounter and admire this surprising natural habitat that serves as a refuge for a large number of wildlife species.
· Organic Garden: In this space you can learn some vegetable growing techniques to try out at your own home. Promote sustainability by sharing your knowledge—and your organic produce—with your neighbors.
· Eco-Tour: Take a remarkable walk around our natural areas. Our guides will help you observe the extraordinary details that only the Maya jungle offers, like our underground springs, wildlife, and beautiful flowers characteristic of this region.
· Eco-Tour Kids: Our Kids Club staff has a surprise for your children. In this area specially prepared for little ones, we’ll teach them to respectfully interact with the environment.
· Eco-Tips: Throughout our resort you will find ecological suggestions that will help you lead a more sustainable lifestyle and that will allow you to save money while caring for the environment.
· Carbon Footprint: During eco-talks and through clear examples in our hotel you’ll learn how, at Sandos Caracol, we are supporting the environment by saving energy and generating less carbon dioxide emissions (CO2). For example, you can enjoy the hot water in our ecological rooms with a clear conscience, because all of our water is heated without contaminating the environment. With diverse, innovative projects we have succeeded in reducing our CO2 emissions by up to 70 percent.
AND SO MUCH MORE, including 4 major yearly events
OPTIONAL ACTIVITIES: (Extra charges apply)
· Arts & Crafts
· Baby Sitting Service
· Spa: Massages, body treatments, beauty salon, Temazcal (18+ yrs)
· Golf : 18 hole course designed by Nick Price inside the residential complex of Grand Coral (right next to the hotel)
· Scuba diving & reef snorkeling trips
· Sight Seeing Tours (Coba, Chichen-Itza, Tulum, Xcaret, Xel-Ha etc)
· Car Rental
· Romantic Dinners on the Beach
· A la carte wines
· ATM machine & money exchange
· Photo Shop
· Medical Service
· Laundry Service
· Wedding services
Children have always had incredible moments in our water park in Sandos Caracol Eco Resort … it is time that teens and adults have the same fun as kids! We have expanded our water park with huge new water slides specially designed for teenagers and adults. While vacationing in the Riviera Maya, you can slide and rotate by a variety of incredible slides. And best of all, the water park is part of the all inclusive program!
Some important points to consider:
*7 new slides designed exclusively for teens and
* 5 new slides designed exclusively for children
* They have no cost! They are part of the plan "all
* Minimum height for children 5 slides: 1.10 meters /
minimum height for the 7 slides for teens & adults:
* Maximum weight for all new slides: 130 kg
The Aqua park for children is open from 9:00 am to
6:00 pm every day. Adults and teens slides area is open from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm every day.
Babysitting / Childcare