Good hotel was looking a bit tired pre pandemic but this MAY they have spruced-it up good paint work they now do not charge 10 euros for the beach beds which they did before. Overall staff all over the hotel unbelievably kind and friendly and efficient. Best hotel in praia da rocha. Clean and safe.Stephen from Sutton, checked in Mon 23 May 2022
- Beach front location
- Games room and casino
- 8 on site bars and restaurants
The Hotel Algarve Casino in is a 5 star hotel enjoying a beach front location and situated just south of the town of Portimão – a traditional Portuguese municipality. This traditional hotel is best suited to families and couples and has facilities which cater for both young and old alike. A casino, children's pool and 8 bars and restaurants are just some of the on site amenities to enjoy at this hotel in the Algarve. The décor boasts a refined and sophisticated flair – think classic Manhattan with modern design.
Situated just 20 metres from the beach, the hotel is also within walking distance of the nearby town with its charming shops, cafes and quaint attractions. The wider Algarve region is noted for its natural beauty and much of the area can be explored on public transport or by hiring a car from one of the companies situated in the town centre.
WHO IS IT GREAT FOR?
Hotel Algarve Casino is recommended for couples and families travelling with children seeking a refined destination and luxury hotel. It is located in the western Algarve and surrounded by natural beauty, just a short distance from Portimão town.
AT A GLANCE
- 2.3 km from Portimão town centre
- 20 metres from Praia de Rocha beach
- 74 km from Faro International Airport
- Adult saltwater pool
- Children’s saltwater pool
- Children’s playground
- Turkish bath
- 4 restaurants and 2 bars
LOCAL AREA AND THINGS TO DO
The hotel is situated just 20 metres from one of the Algarve's premier beaches, Praia de Rocha and located within easy access of Portiamo town. The town boasts several noteworthy attractions including the local fishing museum and a medieval fort named Santa Catarina.
The Slide and Splash water park is situated 9.9 km from the hotel and is an excellent family activity with numerous slides, bird shows and a reptile house. The popular resort of Largos is located just to the west of Praia da Rocha and makes for a pleasant full or half day trip. The Algarve is well serviced by both buses and trains and with most destinations being accessible via public transportation.
FOOD AND DRINK
- Restaurant Amendoeiras is open for breakfast and dinner, serving classic Portuguese food as well as a range of international dishes in a semi formal setting.
- Restaurant Rochedo located on the beach serves international cuisine buffet and à
- Restaurant Aladino is the hotel's fine dining venue offering refined international cuisine every evening along with ocean views.
- Snack Bar Zodíaco is located next to the hotel's swimming pool. It has sweeping vistas of the beach and serves a selection of light meals and grilled fish and meat.
- Sunset Bar – a late night hangout specialising in international cocktails.
- The Panorama Bar is the lobby meeting point.
- 193 rooms
- 143 rooms with balcony and sea view
- 16 suites
- 6 floors
OVERVIEW OF ROOMS
The standard rooms, both those with avenue and sea views, are furnished with modern amenities including satellite television. a mini bar and free Wi-Fi. The family sea view rooms which can sleep a maximum of 2 adults and 2 children come with balcony overlooking the ocean. Suites, with avenue or sea views, are available and are 68 square metres in size and come complete with standard facilities such as televisions and mini bars.
Information based on previous season and could be subject to change.
Bar and restaurant opening times may vary based on the season.
Babysitting / Childcare