- 3 outdoor pools
- Indoor pool
- Spa (with charge)
- Kids’ club
The Sao Rafael Suites is a 5 star all inclusive, family-friendly hotel situated close to Sao Rafael Beach, widely considered one of the best beaches in Europe. The hotel enjoys a quiet location that’s ideal for a relaxing holiday for families or couples, with plenty of activities for children, including a kids’ club, and relaxing spa for adults. The proximity to three golf courses keeps the golfing enthusiasts entertained.
Sao Rafael Beach, with sunbeds, bar and restaurants, is within easy walking distance and the hotel’s complimentary shuttle bus transports those who prefer not to walk. The shuttle bus also takes guests into nearby Albufeira, with its attractive old town, shops and restaurants.
WHO IS IT GREAT FOR?
Visitors report that the Sao Rafael Suites is an excellent hotel for families, who appreciate the all inclusive facilities. Couples enjoy the spa and pool, and golfing groups are enthusiastic about the hotel’s golf programme.
AT A GLANCE
- 48 km from Faro Airport
- 5.3 km Albufeira – free shuttle bus
- 1 km Sao Rafael Beach – free shuttle bus
Pool and Leisure
- 3 outdoor pools including 1 for children
- Relax Centre Spa with heated indoor pool, sauna, Turkish bath and treatment rooms (with charge)
- 1 tennis court with rackets and balls available for hire
- Snooker table
- Football field
- Golf programme for 3 local golf courses
Restaurants and Bar
- Buffet Restaurant
- À la carte Restaurant
- Pool Bar Restaurant
- Lobby Bar
- Kids’ club (ages 3 to 12)
- Evening entertainment
- Free shuttle service to beach (seasonal) and to Albufeira centre
- Parking available
- Free Wi-Fi in all public areas of the hotel
- Newspapers, books and magazines available in Lobby Bar
LOCAL AREA AND THINGS TO DO
While many families are content to stay around the hotel and beach, and golfers come mainly for the local golf courses, there are numerous adventures to enjoy in the surrounding area. The Marina de Albufeira, located 1.8 km from the hotel, offers bowling, go carts, parasailing, a supermarket and a choice of restaurants and cafes. Boat tours from the Marina can take you to visit coves and caves, go fishing, spot dolphins or take a romantic sunset cruise.
Inland, there are Jeep and 4x4 tours that take you off the beaten track to explore the hidden countryside. Visit ancient villages and castles, swim beneath waterfalls and sample the fiery local liqueur during your full- or half-day tour.
FOOD AND DRINK
- Breakfast, dinner, late-night supper and snacks
À la Carte Restaurant
- Portuguese or international menu with one à la carte dinner and two thematic dinners per week during an all inclusive stay – prior booking required
Pool Bar Restaurant (Seasonal)
- Daytime drinks and Italian dinner menu
- Cocktails and other beverages, snooker table, newspapers, magazines and books
- 105 rooms
- Free Wi-Fi in all public areas
OVERVIEW OF ROOMS
Light and airy rooms are equipped with air conditioning and balconies with optional sea view. Amenities include LCD satellite television, safe, minibar, room service and telephone; kettles are available on request. The en-suite bathrooms include bathrobe, slippers, hair dryer and toiletries. Family rooms comprise two or three communicating rooms. A standard double room has one double or two twin beds. Upgrade to a one bedroom suite with separate sitting room and dining table.
Information based on previous season and could be subject to change.
Bar and restaurant opening times may vary based on the season.
Babysitting / Childcare