Great hotel in the right location. Good staff, Especially front desk and room service teams. A very busy hotel and although the recent cyber attack caused MGM issues it did not stop us enjoying our experience.David from Preston, checked in Mon 25 Sep 2023
- 4 swimming pools
- Spa and fitness centre
- 25 bars and restaurants
About MGM Grand Hotel and Casino
The MGM Grand Hotel and Casino is a 5 star hotel in Las Vegas, sitting right on the world famous Strip. The hotel is a massive complex with swimming pools, nightlife, dining, a spa and shopping venues. The casino area at the hotel is also very large, with slots, table games, bar and sports betting. There's a theatre and an arena inside the hotel as well. The hotel’s nightlife attracts some of the world’s top DJs and provides plenty of action all through the night.
The hotel enjoys grand architecture, as it takes up a large space and all rooms are large with views of Las Vegas Boulevard or the surrounding area. The interior of the hotel is easy to get lost in because of its massive size, and there is something different around every corner throughout the building.
Who Is It Great for?
Visitors recommend the hotel when travelling as a couple because of the high end dining experiences or with friends because of the nightlife. Those travelling as a family can also take advantage of the swimming areas and water park.
At a Glance
- 3.6 km from McCarran International Airport
- 700 m from T-Mobile Arena
- Located on the Las Vegas Strip
Pool and Leisure
- 4 swimming pools
- 3 whirlpools
- Fitness centre
- Indoor golf courses
Restaurant and Bars
- Wide variety of restaurants
- In room dining
- Food court
- Shopping venues
- Free Wi-Fi
- Parking available
- On-site car hire
- Car service
- Concierge service
Local Area and Things to Do
Las Vegas is packed with activities to suit most tastes as there are countless things to do. T-Mobile Arena, home of the NHL's Las Vegas Golden Knights, is 500 m away, while just 12.5 km from the hotel is Downtown Las Vegas. This is the old part of town full of vintage casinos and a far slower pace of life. For shopping, Fashion Show is 3.1 km away and accessible via taxi or the monorail that leaves directly from the hotel.
Each casino on the Strip has its own theme and atmosphere, so you can visit multiple cities in a matter of hours. The High Roller is a Ferris wheel overlooking the city, while the Palazzo has gondola rides, just like Venice.
Food and Drink
- Award winning Tom Colicchio's Craftsteak is a steakhouse
- Morimoto Las Vegas brings American and Japanese cuisine together
- Crush serves American cuisine and pairs dishes with wine, beer and cocktails
- Ambra Italian Kitchen + Bar is the hotel's Italian restaurant
- Michael Mina Pub 1842 offers pub favourite with a unique twist
- Joël Robuchon is a three Michelin star fine dining French restaurant
- Hecho en Vegas offers Mexican cuisine
- Tap is a sports bar with numerous televisions
- The Dapper serves mini doughnuts
- Sports Deli is an authentic New York soup and sandwich shop
- Bonanno's is a New York style pizzeria
- China Tang serves Cantonese dishes
- MGM Grand Buffet, open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, is all you can eat
- Emeril's New Orleans Fish House serves seafood
- Wolfgang Puck Bar & Grills offers comfort foods
- Hakkasan Restaurant has a local twist on Cantonese dishes
- L’Atelier de Joël Robuchon prepares every meal in front of you
- The Food Court offers a variety of fast food options
- Avenue Café serves breakfast and lunch
- Pieology is a pizza restaurant
- The Cabana Grill is a seasonal eatery by the pool
- Corner Cakes is a dessert restaurant
- Blizz Frozen Yogurt & Desserts specialises in frozen treats
- Starbucks offers coffee and snacks
- Subway has sandwiches 24 hours per day
- 6,852 rooms
- 30 floors
- Wi-Fi included with resort fee
Overview of Rooms
Basic rooms at the MGM Grand Hotel and Casino come with a glass topped business desk and a safe. They also include a flat screen television, media hub and sitting area. The hotel's suites have space for entertaining, with separate living and sleeping areas, while larger suites have a separate bedroom.
The size of the rooms varies greatly, as the smallest rooms are between 106 and 135 m2, while the hotel's suites are between 135 and 1128 m2, depending on the room's class and layout. The largest suites have multiple bedrooms and large living and dining areas.
Information based on previous season and could be subject to change.
Bar and restaurant opening times may vary based on the season.