Wow what can I say!! What a fantastic location and experience overall. The most beautiful people beach and ocean . Oh and the food was outstanding! I have nothing negative to say .Carol from Newport, checked in Tue 30 Jan 2024
- 2 swimming pools- including an infinity pool
- 4 restaurants- 2 à la carte
- Private reef
About Meeru Island Resort Hotel
Meeru Island Resort Hotel is a 4-star property set amongst white, sandy beaches and turquoise waters. The resort is the only hotel on Meerufenfushi island, offering a secluded retreat. There are lots of facilities to ensure a relaxing stay, including a tranquil spa and an infinity pool that overlooks the beautiful Indian Ocean.
The resort has certain areas which are for adults only but there are plenty of family-friendly facilities too. A kids’ club, outdoor pool and 2 games rooms will keep the children entertained. There is also a night-time entertainment programme with occasional movie nights, live jazz music and a disco night. The resort has lots of bars and restaurants to choose from. The ‘Hot Rock’ à la carte restaurant offers a unique experience where your food is cooked at your table. All-inclusive rates are also available.
Who Is It Great for?
Visitors recommend this hotel for couples because of its relaxing atmosphere and variety of bars and restaurants. Guests also recommend the resort for families thanks to its family-friendly facilities, rating the children’s pool, kids’ club and resort activities highly.
At a Glance
- Beachfront hotel
- Approximately 55 minutes by speedboat from Velana International Airport
Pool and Leisure
- Infinity pool (adults only)
- Children’s wading pool
- Children’s playground
- Kids’ club (aged 3-12)
- Teens club (aged 13-17)
- Duniye Spa*
- Fitness centre
- Tennis courts*
- Golf course*
- Football field
- Dive centre*
Restaurant and Bars
- 4 restaurants (2 buffet and 2 à la carte)
- 6 bars
- Snack menus (available at the resort bars)
- Dinner on the beach*
- TV room
- 2 games rooms- with chess, snooker, darts and more
- Evening entertainment programme including occasional live music and movie nights
- Water sports*
- Board games
- Meeru Museum
- Facilities available for disabled guests
- Free Wi-Fi in guest rooms (and select public areas)
- Internet café
- Gift shop
- Jewellery shop
- Room service*
- Resident doctor
Local Area and Things to Do
The Maldives is an extremely popular dive destination. The resort has its own Euro-Divers Scuba Centre on-site and runs a variety of dive courses as well as daily dive trips. Snorkelling is another popular choice for visitors. Meeru Island Resort Hotel has a house reef full of tropical fish. You can also book a place on a snorkelling boat excursion which takes you to 2 nearby reefs.
The resort has lots of facilities to enjoy, but if you want to explore further, there are a wide range of excursions available. Embark on an island-hopping adventure, search for sea turtles at Turtle Reef or watch the sun set as you sail across the Indian Ocean on a yacht.
Food and Drink
- Farivalhu- an all-you-can-eat buffet restaurant for guests staying in Garden Rooms, Beach Villas and Jacuzzi Beach Villas.
- Maalan- this buffet restaurant is located on the northern end of the island and is for guests staying in adults-only Jacuzzi Beach Villas, Water Villas, Jacuzzi Water Villas and adults only Beach Villas.
- Asian Wok Restaurant- this à la carte restaurant is situated over the water. It offers Asian cuisine and Teppanyaki.
- Hot Rock Restaurant & Bar- enjoy seafood, steak and chicken dishes that are cooked at your table on volcanic rocks.
- Meeru Café- this poolside café serves ice creams, pastries, sandwiches and tea and coffee.
- Snacks- a snack menu including salads, sandwiches, pasta and pizza is offered at the pools and the Dhoni, Hot Rock and Uthuru bars.
- Dinner on the beach- guests can enjoy a secluded dinner on the beach*.
- Dhoni Bar- this 24-hour bar offers beer, wine and a wide range of cocktails.
- Kakuni Bar- located on the beach, this bar offers a variety of drinks as well as themed nights like disco night. You can also watch sporting events on the TV and play games like table tennis, snooker and darts.
- Uthuru Bar- serves refreshing drinks on the beach. This bar is for adults only.
- Pavilion Bar- a bar surrounded by coconut palm trees.
- Asian Wok Restaurant & Bar- situated inside the Asian Wok Restaurant, this bar offers a variety of beverages including signature cocktails.
- Hot Rock Bar- enjoy coffee, juices, beer, wine, spirits and cocktails on the deck of the Hot Rock Restaurant.
- 284 rooms
- Water villas available
Overview of Rooms
Meeru Island Resort Hotel offers a variety of room types. All rooms feature tropical décor, fitting the relaxed island vibe. Amenities include air conditioning, free Wi-Fi, cable TV, a rain shower, mini bar* and a private, furnished porch where you can relax. Garden Rooms and Beach Villas can sleep up to 2 adults and 2 children. There are also Jacuzzi Beach Villas and Water Front Villas set on the ocean’s edge. Jacuzzi Water Villas are the resort’s most luxurious option, offering spacious bungalow accommodation above the sea. You’ll have your own sundeck with stairs that lead directly to the ocean.
Information based on previous season and could be subject to change.
Bar and restaurant opening times may vary based on the season.
Babysitting / Childcare