Amazing resort, the staff are so friendly and always on hand to help in anyway they can. The snorkelling is great and it with a reef 10m from the main beach which runs along the length of of the beach.Jade from Greenhithe, checked in Sun 22 Oct 2023
- Exclusive access to Pasta Point
- Infinity pool with swim-up bar
- Gym and spa available
About Cinnamon Dhonveli
Cinnamon Dhonveli is a 4-star resort in the Maldives which offers beachfront and overwater suites and bungalows suitable for families, friends, and couples. There's live entertainment every night, but the island is known for is its surfing. It’s home to Pasta Point, a famous spot described as the “wave machine of the North Malé Atoll” so it’s a popular choice with surfers and watersports enthusiasts.
The non-surfers will be pleased to hear that, while the resort owns its surfing roots, it’s a great place for some R&R. The gym and spa offer up wellness classes and relaxation treatments, boats float out at sunset for a dinner cruise, and the white-sand beaches have sun loungers all over the place.
Who Is It Great for?
Cinnamon Dhonveli is where surfers mingle, but it’s great for all holiday groups: families, couples, and friends. There are plenty of activities to get stuck into: live entertainment, themed parties, indoor and outdoor sports, a playground, and more.
At a Glance
- 13km away from Malé International Airport
- 25-minute speedboat ride from Malé airport
- Overlooking famous surf spot, Pasta Point
- Three restaurants
- Four bars
- Full-service spa
- Private beach
- Outdoor pool
- Tennis court
- Wedding services
- Cleaning and laundry services
- Room service
Local Area and Things to Do
Cinnamon Dhonveli is full of beach and watersports, from volleyball and tennis to surfing and diving. The island is close to a handful of world-famous dive sites and the famous surfing spot of Pasta Point so these are the two top activities for visitors. Banana boating, windsurfing, and dolphin watching are a great place to start.
Another favourite pastime is island hopping, because it’s surrounded by uninhabited islands where you can have the beach all to yourself. The inhabited islands of Huraa Island, Himafushi Islands, and Malé are must-sees too, where you can buy handmade crafts and explore Maldivian life. The resort organises a number of excursions to these, including a submarine trip to Malé.
Food and Drink
- Rehendhi Restaurant – A buffet restaurant and bar which serves international and local cuisine to guests in overwater suites and beach suites with pool.
- Maakana – A buffet restaurant overlooking the waves at Pasta Point and the white sandy beaches.
- Koimala – A buffet restaurant serving up international and local cuisine for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Beach bar – A bar located right on the beach with sunbeds, deckchairs, and loungers. This is only open during the day.
- Raalhu Bar – A terrace bar overlooking Pasta Point, offering up cocktails and small bites to eat. It doesn’t close until the last guest leaves!
- Raiyvilla Bar – A bar at the heart of the island offering up views of the sunset, a range of drinks, and books from all over the world.
- 148 rooms
- Air conditioning
- Free Wi-Fi
Overview of Rooms
You’ve got the choice between overwater and beachfront bungalows, rooms, and suites when you stay at Cinnamon Dhonveli. They’re all spacious and fully kitted out with colourful furniture, terraces and patios with seating areas, tea and coffee making facilities, an LED TV, and more.
To make your stay as comfortable as possible, each room comes with a pillow menu, which you can use to choose which pillows are on your bed. For an extra charge, room service is available during limited hours as well as a minibar to enjoy.
Information based on previous season and could be subject to change.
Bar and restaurant opening times may vary based on the season.