- Infinity pool
- 5 restaurants
- Relaxing spa
Velassaru Maldives is a 5-star resort surrounded by pure, white sands and the crystal-clear waters of the Indian Ocean. Located on a private island in South Malé Atoll, this hotel offers a peaceful escape. The hotel is a popular choice for divers with more than 60 incredible dive sites nearby teeming with colourful coral and tropical marine life. You can also make the most of the resort’s complimentary snorkelling tours and discover what lies beneath the surface of the house reef.
The tranquil island vibe of Velassaru Maldives is perfect for relaxing, but if you want to unwind even more, you can visit the indulgent spa. This features over water rooms where you can enjoy a soothing treatment as you listen to the calming sound of the waves. There are 5 restaurants to choose from including ‘Sand’- an oceanfront eatery with spectacular views. The 2 bars offer a selection of wines and expertly crafted cocktails.
WHO IS IT GREAT FOR?
Visitors recommend this hotel for couples because of the peaceful location and beautiful surroundings. Couples particularly enjoyed the wide choice of restaurants, commenting positively on the high quality of food.
AT A GLANCE
- Beachfront hotel
- Approximately 25 minutes by speedboat from Velana International Airport
Pool and Leisure
- Infinity pool
- The Spa- with 10 over water treatment rooms*
- PADI- certified dive school*
Restaurant and Bars
- 5 restaurants
- 2 bars
- Private dining on a secluded island*
- Guided snorkelling tours of the house reef
- Morning cruises
- Beach yoga classes
- TV with HD movies on demand
- Water sports*
- Free Wi-Fi
- 24-hour guest services
- Currency exchange
- Laundry service*
- Photography service*
LOCAL AREA AND THINGS TO DO
There is plenty to keep you entertained at Velassaru Maldives, with a host of complimentary activities available. You can enjoy snorkelling in the house reef, early morning cruises, or mindful yoga sessions on the beach. You can also relax on the pristine beach or admire stunning views of the Indian Ocean from the hotel’s infinity pool. The hotel also has a PADI- certified dive school that welcomes all abilities. Diving in the Maldives lets you discover colourful reefs and tropical marine life, including mantas, sea turtles, exotic fish and much more.
You can also venture beyond the island on one of the hotel’s many excursions. Whether you want to escape to another private island or set sail in search of dolphins, there’s something for everyone.
FOOD AND DRINK
- Vela- an international buffet restaurant with cooking stations that offer food from all over the world.
- Teppanyaki- this restaurant serves innovative Japanese cuisine and is situated right by the water’s edge. Try sushi, sashimi and seared salmon.
- Etesian- sample fresh seafood dishes in an elegant setting.
- Turquoise- this restaurant has a relaxed setting surrounded by palm trees. The vast menu includes Asian-inspired dishes as well as pizza, burgers and pasta.
- Sand- Pan-Indian Ocean specialties are available here, as well as the chef’s signature menu. This restaurant has an impressive setting by the ocean with private dining pavilions available.
- Fen Bar- this beachfront bar has daybeds and beanbags for you to relax. Enjoy Asian and European snacks and choose from a variety of fine wines.
- Chill Bar- perched over turquoise waters, this bar offers tapas-style snacks, refreshing cocktails and gorgeous views.
- Free Wi-Fi
- 129 rooms
OVERVIEW OF ROOMS
Accommodation at Velassaru Maldives is made up of bungalows and villas. All rooms have a contemporary style with traditional elements and feature amenities like an LCD TV, air conditioning and free Wi-Fi. Deluxe Bungalows are surrounded by the resort’s tropical greenery and are close to the beach. Beach Villas put you steps away from the soft sand and some even come with a plunge pool.
Water Villas are positioned over the water, boasting spectacular views of the lagoon. Water Bungalows are also available and come complete with a private outdoor pool. The luxurious Water Suite offers the ultimate indulgence, with steps leading into the glistening waters of the lagoon.
Information based on previous season and could be subject to change.
Bar and restaurant opening times may vary based on the season.