We had a fabulous holiday at Mitsis Blue Domes. The stand out for us was the exceptional food and the quality of the staff. They couldn't do enough for you and appear to love their job. This is a fantastic hotel that we would fully recommend.Celi from Cardiff, checked in Mon 14 Aug 2023
- 8 swimming pools
- Beachfront location
- Wellness spa
- Kids’ club
The Mitsis Blue Domes Resort & Spa is a modern 5 star hotel on the island of Kos. The resort is reminiscent of a Mediterranean seaside village and overlooks a sandy beach, with a 650 m swimming pool that winds its way among tile-roofed bungalows and lush gardens. The common areas and accommodations are appointed with light-coloured wood, wicker and textiles in soothing neutral tones that harmonise with the tranquil ocean views just beyond.
If you choose to venture outside the resort, the Greek village of Kardamena is just five km away with plenty of shops and more than 100 bars and clubs.
WHO IS IT GREAT FOR?
Visitors to the hotel say that it’s ideal for families and couples who enjoy the wide range of facilities and activities available on site for children and adults. They also appreciate the restaurants and snack bars to suit all tastes.
AT A GLANCE
- 12 km from Airport
- 5 km from Kardamena Town
- 9.3 km from Aquatica Waterpark
Pool and Leisure
- 650 m outdoor pool divided into 8 large pools and 6 sharing pools
- Children’s pool
- Pool and beach sun loungers and parasols
- Spa (surcharge)
- Fitness room
- Tennis courts
- Mini soccer court
Restaurant and Bars
- 4 à la carte restaurants (advance reservation required)
- 6 restaurants available during daytime
- 6 bars
- Karaoke nights
- Shows, musicals and other events
- Kids’ indoor and outdoor playgrounds and playrooms
- Animation programme
- Children’s disco
- Kids’ clubs
- 24-hour reception
- Babysitting services (local charge)
- Currency exchange
- Laundry and dry cleaning
- Internet corner
- Laptop or tablet available on request
- Car, motorbike and bicycle rental
- Shopping arcade
- Television room
- Free low-speed Wi-Fi; high speed at extra charge
- 24-hour doctor’s visit on request (local charge)
LOCAL AREA AND THINGS TO DO
For a change of scenery, families enjoy cooling off at the Aquatica Waterpark, with its lazy river and slides. Alternatively, take a boat trip from Kardamena Harbour to find secluded places to swim and snorkel, and enjoy an onboard barbeque.
For thrills and spills, Go Kart Kardamena is just 1 km away from the hotel. If you fancy a hike, climb up to the ruins of the Antimachia Castle, around 3 km north of Kardamena, for the far-reaching views across the island.
FOOD AND DRINK
- Main restaurant- International buffet with show cooking
- Italian restaurant- À la carte lunch and dinner
- Asian restaurant- À la carte fusion cuisine
- Ellinadiko Tavern- À la carte traditional Greek food
- Mexican restaurant- À la carte Tex-Mex
- Sushi restaurant- offering a wide variety of sushi dishes
- Pita Corner- traditional Greek souvlaki
- Healthy Corner- fruits, smoothies and salads
- Burger Inn- serving hearty burgers
- Ouzeri- Ouzo and mezes
- Pastry Corner- sweet and savoury crepes, ice creams and pastries
- Main bar- the hotel’s main bar is a great place to enjoy a drink
- Night bar- open until late with live music
- Island Pool Bar- a poolside bar serving a wide range of drinks
- Garden Pool Bar- this bar is in a casual setting close to the pool
- Beach bar- a relaxed beachfront bar
- Theatre bar- open during animation shows
- 499 rooms
- Wi-Fi available
OVERVIEW OF ROOMS
Luxurious double rooms have sea views and the option of upgrading to a private pool with sun loungers. There is also a range of bungalows with garden, pool or sea views and the option of a shared pool; and family bungalows and maisonettes with the option of a private pool. All rooms are air conditioned and include a balcony or terrace and private bathroom with hair dryer, bathrobes and slippers. Amenities include telephone, minibar, tea and coffee making facilities, satellite television and safe. Free low-speed Wi-Fi is available; extra charge for high speed.
Information based on previous season and could be subject to change.
Bar and restaurant opening times may vary based on the season.
Babysitting / Childcare