Beautiful 5 star resort, amazing service beyond words, from the moment we got on a boat to get to the island till the moment we got back to the airport, everything was perfect, night entertainment with Maldivian band singing in English was amazing, food was deliciousAlvaro from London, checked in Wed 18 May 2022
- 7 restaurants
- 2 freshwater swimming pools (plus 2 children’s pools)
- Family-friendly facilities
- Veli Spa
About Kurumba Maldives
Kurumba Maldives is a beautiful 5-star resort set on a private island in North Male Atoll. Surrounded by soft stretches of pure white sand, coconut palms and crystal-clear waters, this picturesque island offers an idyllic escape. Kurumba was the very first private island resort in the Maldives and is proud of its heritage. The resort continues to have a traditional style, with modern facilities that you can make the most of during your stay.
The family-friendly hotel has lots to keep both children and adults entertained. For children, there is a kids’ club as well as modern PlayStation pods and Wii video games. Adults can enjoy a relaxing break at the spa or indulge in a soothing treatment outdoors, where you can hear the lapping waves of the Indian Ocean. There are a host of restaurants to choose from serving Thai, Japanese, Indian and traditional Maldivian cuisine. There are also 3 bars, including a beach bar where you can sample refreshing cocktails as you look out to sea.
Who Is It Great for?
Visitors recommend this hotel for families thanks to its wide range of facilities and entertainment, commenting positively on the Kids’ Club. Visitors also recommend this hotel for couples who particularly enjoy the spa and the variety of restaurants.
At a Glance
- Beachfront location
- Approximately 10 minutes by speedboat from Velana International Airport
Pool and Leisure
- 2 freshwater swimming pools
- 2 children’s pools
- Majaa Kids’ Club (ages 4-13)
- Veli Spa*
- 24-hour gym - including TRX training
- 2 floodlit tennis courts
- Water sports*
- Diving centre*
Restaurant and Bars
- 7 restaurants
- 3 bars
- Beach dining*
- 24-hour in-room dining*
- Live cooking demonstrations*
- Night-time entertainment programme - including occasional live music and a DJ
- Cinema room
- Games area - with a pool table, air hockey and futsal
- Outdoor play area for children
- Wii Video Games at Majaa Kids’ Club
- PlayStation pods
- Cocktail master classes*
- Facilities available for disabled guests
- Golf buggies are available
- Free Wi-Fi
- 24-hour reception
- Laundry service*
- Underwater photoshoot*
- Babysitting service*
Local Area and Things to Do
There is so much to do at Kurumba Maldives, that you won’t need to leave this tropical paradise. There is plenty of entertainment and activities to suit all guests. Children can make friends and play games at the Majaa Kids’ Club or make use of the video gaming facilities. Adults can visit the on-site spa or try out a cocktail master class. Snorkeling and diving are also popular activities here. In the evening, there is a night-time entertainment program that the whole family can enjoy together.
If you do want to venture outside of the resort, the hotel runs a host of fun excursions. Sunset cruises, glass-bottom boat tours, and dolphin discovery cruises.
Food and Drink
- Vihamanaa- an international buffet restaurant with a different theme each night of the week.
- Thila- the hotel’s signature restaurant lets you dine over the water or with your toes touching the sand. Enjoy à la carte dishes here, including seafood and steak.
- Hamakaze- this gorgeous over water restaurant serves teppanyaki, sushi and sashimi platters. Children above 8 years old are welcome.
- Al Qasr- a Middle Eastern restaurant adorned with elegant hanging drapes. Charcoal meat, kebabs and mezze dishes are on the menu.
- Mahal- this restaurant lets you savour authentic Indian dishes.
- Khing Thai- offers a menu of sweet and savoury Thai dishes, including curries, rice, noodles and Thai seafood dishes.
- Café- as well as Maldivian specialities, this café serves sandwiches, salads, pasta and burgers.
- Kandu- this open-air bar has an overwater deck with day beds and relaxing loungers. Enjoy a cocktail and occasional evening entertainment like live music and a DJ.
- Athiri- this casual beach bar offers beer, wine, cocktails and mocktails. Sit back, relax and look out to sea with a drink in hand.
- Fez- a lounge featuring Arabian-inspired décor with small mezze platters and a vast cocktail menu.
All-inclusive packages are available at this resort
- 180 rooms
- Free Wi-Fi
Overview of Rooms
All rooms at this resort have a neutral design with wooden décor and splashes of colour. Rooms feature air conditioning, satellite TV and free Wi-Fi. Superior Rooms offer guests good value accommodation. Beach Villas and Beachfront Deluxe Bungalows put you steps away from the sand. Deluxe Bungalows are situated in the coconut grove, while Garden Pool Villas are nestled in the tropical gardens and feature a private pool. Deluxe Pool Villas have a private pool and deck with either lagoon or ocean views. Family Villas are also available and are set on 2 levels giving more space.
Information based on previous season and could be subject to change.
Bar and restaurant opening times may vary based on the season.
Babysitting / Childcare