The hotel is beautiful, situated in close proximity to all the sights. Very reasonably priced food and drinks. Staff are so friendly. The guided tour of the hotel at 10am is great. Would definitely recommendFionnuala from Antrim, checked in Thu 16 Mar 2023
- 2 outdoor pools
- Evening entertainment
- 3 restaurants and 5 bars
Officially classed as a National Monument, the 5 star Hotel Nacional de Cuba is a historic art deco building in the Vedado district in the centre of Havana, directly on the Malecon Esplanade. Overlooking Havana Harbour, with views of the city and out to sea, the hotel has been welcoming guests since the 1930s and has seen a host of famous faces over the years as reflected in the room names and décor.
Guests can relax by one of the palm tree lined outdoor pools, visit the onsite beauty salon or enjoy a tour of the hotel to learn more about its history. The hotel’s three restaurants offer a range of cuisines and the five bars offer regular entertainment including the Cabaret Parisien, held nightly. You can also enjoy a live Cuban culture influenced show and learn to dance.
WHO IS IT GREAT FOR?
The Hotel Nacional de Cuba has been recommended by previous guests for couples and friends thanks to its rich history, central location and regular entertainment on offer.
AT A GLANCE
- 4 km from Revolution Square
- 4 km from Old Town Havana
- 20 km from Havana Airport
Pool and Leisure
- 2 outdoor pools
Restaurant and Bars
- Buffet restaurant
- 2 à la carte restaurants
- 5 bars and lounges
- Regular daytime and evening entertainment
- Accessible rooms are available on request
- Free Wi-Fi
- Cigar shop
- Hotel tours
- Laundry / ironing / dry cleaning service (extra charge)
- Gift shop
- Classic cars and taxi service (extra charge)
- Free parking onsite
- Tourist information
LOCAL AREA AND THINGS TO DO
Take a stroll along Malecon Esplanade, which stretches for eight km along the seafront, and take in the views. Stop in one of the many seafront café bars to enjoy live salsa music while sampling a mojito and watching a different world go by. Or see it in style on a guided tour in a classic car, bookable via reception.
For an insight into Cuban history, a visit to the Museum of Revolution is a must as is a trip to Revolution Square just seven km away. And no trip to Cuba would be complete without a visit to a cigar factory, even if you’re a non-smoker, just to see how they are produced.
FOOD AND DRINK
- Comedor de Aguiar Restaurant offering fine dining cuisine in an elegant setting
- La Veranda buffet restaurant serving international cuisine
- La Barraca Creole restaurant with ocean views specialising in Cuban cuisine
- Film Corner Café featuring light meals and snacks
- Bay View Bar serving soft and alcoholic beverages and cocktails
- Hall of Fame bar offering soft and alcoholic beverages and cocktails
- Gallery Bar featuring soft and alcoholic beverages and cocktails
- Bar Rosa Nautica serving soft and alcoholic beverages and cocktails
- Churchill Bar offering soft and alcoholic beverages and cocktails
- 8 floors
- 461 rooms
- 6 lifts
- Free Wi-Fi
OVERVIEW OF ROOMS
The Nacional de Cuba offers a range of rooms and suites, including 28 single rooms, although most are doubles or twins. All rooms come with air conditioning, telephone, bathroom, hairdryer and a safety deposit box. Suites also have a separate lounge area with seating and ocean views. The 54 rooms on the executive floor also have access to office services.
Information based on previous season and could be subject to change.
Bar and restaurant opening times may vary based on the season.