Return visitor so knew what to expect. A friendly happy hotel, helpful staff, classy but not stuffy. Nice size room, comfortable beds, fridge, good clothes space, free safe. Some British TV channels, BBC1, BBC2, ITV.Tina from London, checked in Mon 18 Jul 2022
- Adults only
- Infinity pool
- Beachfront location
Overlooking the wide sands of Arenal beach, Gran Hotel Sol Y Mar is a 4 star hotel in central Calpe with remarkable views. The contemporary design of this adults only hotel continues through its spacious dining rooms and effortlessly elegant terrace. Unwind on a Balinese bed whilst gazing out to Calpe’s Rock, then cool off in the infinity pool before enjoying a treatment at the onsite spa.
Benefiting from direct beach access, you are a few moments from golden sands and authentic shopping opportunities along the promenade. Gran Hotel Sol Y Mar has three onsite restaurants serving differ types of cuisine and is conveniently located close to several restaurants and bars serving local and international dishes.
WHO IS IT GREAT FOR?
Visitors to Gran Hotel Sol Y Mar recommend it for couples and friends looking to relax by the Mediterranean Sea and enjoy the natural beauty of the area nearby.
AT A GLANCE
- 77 km from Alicante Airport
- Direct beach access
- Central location
- Parking available
Pool and Leisure
- Outdoor swimming pool
- Spa with water therapy pools and showers
Restaurant and Bars
- 3 restaurants
- 2 bars
- Live music in the evenings
- Free Wi-Fi
- 24-hour reception
- Air conditioning
- Parking available
LOCAL AREA AND THINGS TO DO
The natural beauty in the local area is plentiful. National Park Penyal d’Ifac, just under three km east of the hotel is popular with hikers and cyclists keen to reach the summit of the rock formation to savour the dramatic, panoramic views of the Costa Blanca coastline. At the foot of the National Park is the marina, and a short distance to the west are the interesting Roman ruins of Banos de la Reina.
To cool off in an area of quiet contemplation, head 24 km northwest of the hotel to Les Fonts de L’Algar which features several clear-running waterfalls and natural pools in which you can take a refreshing swim in.
FOOD AND DRINK
- Anfor is a buffet restaurant with sea views, where guests can enjoy fresh seafood and locally sourced ingredients.
- Abiss serves an à la carte seasonal menu of traditional cuisine for lunch and evening meals with spectacular views of the Mediterranean. It is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays. Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday the restaurant is open from 13:00 to 15:30 and 19:30 to 22:30. Fridays and Saturdays from 13:00 to 15:30 and 19:30 to 23:00.
- The hotel’s Beach Club serves a selection of light Mediterranean dishes during the summer season.
- Llum Bar is a café serving snacks and drinks in a relaxed environment. It is also the hotel’s evening entertainment venue. Llum Bar is open from 10:00 to 01:00.
- Doree serves a range of cocktails and premium drinks which can be enjoyed inside or on a spacious terrace.
- Sports Bar offers a range of drinks to be enjoyed whilst watching sporting events.
- Free Wi-Fi
OVERVIEW OF ROOMS
The accommodation at Gran Hotel Sol Y Mar comprises stylish, spacious rooms and suites. Modern conveniences such as free Wi-Fi, LED TV, bathroom and air conditioning feature as standard, along with additional comforts of Egyptian cotton sheets, pillow menu, slippers and high-end toiletries.
Room options include those with a balcony offering sea views and sofa bed to increase occupancy. There are also executive options which feature a double bed rather than two single beds and large furnished balcony with hammocks. Suite options also offer generous amounts of space with separate living area and multiple bathrooms including a whirlpool bathtub.
Information based on previous season and could be subject to change.
Bar and restaurant opening times may vary based on the season.