Beautiful, clean and staff so friendly. One buffet restaurant open for lunch, which was excellent. However catering for so many different nationalities resulted in a little bit of everything. Would have been nice to have had a choice at lunchtime.Shona from Hamilton, checked in Fri 17 Nov 2023
Nestled in the stunning Dhaalu Atoll, Kandima Maldives is the ultimate playground in paradise! This game-changing island resort is bursting with Maldivian soul, cutting-edge facilities and non-stop fun. Experience delicious dining, thrilling water sports, 24/7 fitness, sports courts and one of the largest kids’ clubs in the Maldives. At Kandima, every moment is extraordinary!
Location & Access
Kandima is located in Dhaalu Atoll, one of the most pristine and breathtaking regions of the Maldives. Picture yourself soaring over the crystal-clear waters, an exhilarating 45-minute seaplane flight directly from Velana International Airport, offering stunning aerial views of the Maldivian archipelago. Alternatively, you can opt for a 30-minute domestic flight from Velana International Airport to the Dhaalu Atoll domestic airport, followed by a captivating 20-minute boat ride, whisking you away to the islands vibrant heart. Whichever route you choose, the journey to Kandima is as mesmerising as the destination itself!
Kandima’s 264 studios and villas are more than just stylishly comfortable — they are smart! With tech-savvy inclusions and service available right at your fingertips, these studios and villas are anything but ordinary. Stay connected with complimentary Wi-Fi, even though you’re miles from everywhere. All our studios and villas can accommodate up to a maximum of four adults, with a king-size bed and an additional queen-size bed. The oh-so-spacious rooms, with bright and light interiors overlooking the turquoise lagoon or the sandy beaches, also feature an in-room entertainment system with a 40-inch LED TV, a minibar, and a coffee machine as well as a walk-in rain shower!
Spoilt for choice, you can choose from a total of ten unique restaurants and bars offering mouth-watering flavours from all over the world. Whether you want to dine as a group or slope off to somewhere more intimate for a romantic meal for two — Kandima has the perfect place for you. Enter a world of choice in this one-of-a-kind island (desti)nation.
• Flavour & Zest - Taste the freshest flavours from around the world in these stylish and contemporary modern food hall restaurants with multiple live cooking stations and self-service areas. Check out the kids’ corners offering special food choices for little VIPs!
• Azure - Located right on the beach, this trendy beach house provides a relaxed dining experience during the day and transforms into an elegant beachfront destination for signature dining at night. Explore an endless array of Mediterranean delicacies, fresh seafood, juicy steaks, oven-baked pizzas, and exquisite wines handpicked from the cellar.
• Smoked - This modern grill house is famous for its open-concept kitchen with the custom-made parilla grill and homemade giant smoker. Creatively designed with unique architectural features, this restaurant offers both indoor and outdoor mixed seating options, offering beachside dining right under the stars.
• Sea Dragon & Forbidden Bar - Inspired by ancient architectural designs of the Far East, this restaurant offers authentic Asian cuisine with a modern touch. Make your selection from the display tanks and let the chefs whip up a feast to remember! Head out to the adults-only Forbidden Bar accessible through a psychedelic tunnel, where live DJs play into the night and the barmen make the most mouth-watering cocktails on the island.
• Deli - Step into this trendy and stylish food boutique where you can grab a quick snack or pick up delicious treats to take back to your abode.
• Aroma Cafe - Perched over a natural lake, Aroma Cafe’ serves up speciality coffees hailing all the way from the fertile highlands of Southern Ethiopia to family grown beans from Batin Baru Indonesia.
• Breeze Bar - Immerse yourself in a vibrant atmosphere where you can socialise, mingle and groove to the beats of live bands and the hottest DJs. Sip on tropical cocktails and indulge in flavoured shishas as you unwind against the backdrop of yet another stunning sunset in paradise.
• Beach Club - Day through to night, the Beach Club is the perfect hangout spot for both families and couples alike. Watch the sun set across the island while the talented DJs keep the party vibes alive. Swim up for fruity cocktails and delicious shots or relax in one of our stylish cabanas perched above the turquoise pool.
Dine Around All Inclusive
Dive into the fun and flavours of Kandima with the Dine Around All Inclusive meal plan! Start your day with a tantalising breakfast, and keep the deliciousness rolling with lunch and dinner at Flavour and Zest, featuring unlimited soft drinks. Craving something different? Enjoy dinner at the à la carte restaurants Smoked, Sea Dragon, or Azure, indulging in the Chef’s special menu. Plus, with unlimited selected alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, the good times keep flowing. And thats not all — score discounts on spa treatments and exciting dive and water sports activities!
The Ultimate Family Escape
At Kandima, two children up to the age of 6 years get to eat and stay free, while on the Bed & Breakfast plan, this perk extends to two children up to the age of 12 years. With plenty of on-site facilities and entertainment to suit both adults and little VIPs — from the seriously stylish studios and villas, or the expansive kids’ club, to the plethora of mouthwatering dining options and exciting daily activities — Kandima is the ultimate destination for families!
Explore the vibrant blues surrounding Kandima. From water sports that defy gravity to diving, snorkelling, and leisurely aquatic excursions, Aquaholics offers a playground of endless possibilities to make sure your time is an absolute blast!
If relaxation is more your thing, then simply visit the award-winning esKape Spa nestled in the tropical surroundings of the island. Detachment and distraction from reality — esKape Spa helps you do just that! From scrubs and healing therapies, an onsite steam room and plunge pool, to full-body massages and express treatments, you’re in for an absolute treat.
Kandima’s little VIPs are just as important as the adult ones. Kandiland, Kandima Kids’ Club is run by a dedicated, multilingual team of fully certified child carers, and offers a daily programme jam-packed with fun and educational activities.
KULA Art Studio
Join our resident artists for painting or crafts classes and unleash your creativity in Kandima’s very own KULA Art Studio!
Discover the playful charm of Aroma Lake! Located beside Aroma Cafe and KULA Art Studio, this oasis invites you to hop on a paddleboat or simply soak in the scenic beauty.
Come and visit our in-house photo studio SNAP! located next to HQ and Aquaholics water sports & dive centre. The professional team of photographers offers personalised photography and videography services.
Welcome to the tropical activity jungle! Open 24/7, Kandima’s state-of-the-art fitness facilities, such as BURN Fitness Centre with its own private swimming pool, will help you push the limits. Get your own personal trainer or join a group session of Aqua Fun & Fit, Pilates, Kross Fit, TRX Suspension Training, boxing and even Aerial Yoga!
Experience Kandima’s state-of-the-art fitness facilities including a private swimming pool, fitness pavilion, tennis, badminton and beach volleyball courts and a football field.
HQ & Den
The HQ is not just a reception area you visit during rock in and rock out from Kandima. Here, things are done in true Kandima style. Open 24/7, the Den and games room offer a stylish setting where you can relax, mingle and play.
Kool & Awesome Stuff
Pop into a well-stocked resort boutique offering beach clothing and accessories, jewellery, local souvenirs and personal care products. Our boutiques always offer excellent fashion choices from the latest collections.
Kandima’s in-house hospital, complete with state-of-the-art medical technology, such as ultrasound, X-ray equipment and a decompression chamber, is available to guests 24/7. German GPs, nurses, a dentist and a diving safety officer are always on-hand and based at the island desti(nation).
Babysitting / Childcare