We had a great stay in August 2023. Weather was great - pool and snorkelling in the sea was warm enough on a sunny day and a light cardigan was enough for dinner. 24-27 Celsius highs each day, around 21-23 Celsius at dinner.John from Warwick, checked in Sun 06 Aug 2023
- 2 swimming pools
- Kids’ club & teens club
- Relaxing spa
About Sugar Beach Hotel
The 5-star Sugar Beach hotel is located on the famous Flic-en-Flac beach on the west coast of Mauritius. This popular resort is set amongst 30-acres of gorgeous tropical gardens and offers direct access to a beautiful private beach, with long ribbons of pure white sands that border the warm waters of the lagoon. The hotel’s grand décor oozes luxury but has a casual vibe and relaxed atmosphere that will make you feel right at home.
There are 2 pools to choose from including the large, main pool which is just steps away from the sand, and a quieter pool which offers a peaceful place to unwind. For the ultimate indulgence, visit the tranquil Cinq Mondes Spa and try the soothing treatments. This resort caters to families with both a kids’ and teens club as well as lots of on-site activities. There are several restaurants where you can choose from Mediterranean, Asian and authentic local cuisine. You’ll also have access to select facilities at the neighbouring La Pirogue hotel during your stay.
Who Is It Great for?
Visitors recommend this hotel for families as there are lots of activities available to suit all ages. Guests particularly enjoyed the swimming pools and commented positively on the kids’ club facilities. Visitors also recommend this hotel for couples thanks to the variety of restaurants and high-quality food.
At a Glance
- Beachfront location
- 34km from Port Louis
- 50km from Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam International Airport
Pool and Leisure
- 2 swimming pools
- Cinq Mondes Spa*
- Sun Kids’ Club (ages 3-11)
- Sun Teens Club (12-18)
- Fitness centre & fitness classes
- 6 tennis courts*
Restaurant and Bars
- 3 restaurants- including buffet and à la carte options
- 4 bars
- Evening entertainment including occasional live music and DJs
- Sunrise yoga*
- Water sports*
- Table tennis
- Some facilities available for disabled guests
- 24-hour reception
- Currency exchange
- Emporium Boutique
- Laundry service*
Local Area and Things to Do
There are lots of things to do at the hotel, from relaxing on the sandy beach to trying out some exciting water sports. You can also get closer to tropical marine life by snorkelling in the lagoon. For more fun, you can visit the resort’s sister hotel next door— La Pirogue— which has several restaurants, activities and a music studio. Some of these services will incur an extra charge.
If you want to explore more of Mauritius, you can visit the nearby Île aux Cerfs island for the day. This is a popular choice for golfers thanks to the Île aux Cerfs Golf Club and its 18-hole course. There is also a private sandy beach exclusively for golfers. The island has lots of exciting water sports, an adventure park and 3 restaurants serving fresh seafood, Mauritian delicacies and much more.
Food and Drink
- Buddha-Bar Beach- a chic beachside bar/restaurant that combines Mediterranean and Asian dishes.
- Mon Plaisir- this open-plan buffet restaurant has live cooking stations and themed dinners.
- Citronella’s Café- this restaurant has a gorgeous setting right by the beach. Enjoy Italian dishes like fresh pasta, wood-fired pizzas, salads and seafood.
- La Brasserie- a sophisticated bar offering a wide range of drinks. There are 5 international beers on tap, tropical cocktails, rums and whiskies.
- Sports Bar- this bar has large flat screen TVs showing international sporting events. It’s conveniently located right next to the tennis court so you can get a pre or post game drink.
- Citronella’s Bar- this Italian bar is an extension of Citronella’s Café. Sink your toes into the sand and sip on a refreshing drink as you watch the sun set.
- Buddha-Bar Beach- in the evening, this bar/restaurant invites you to listen to Buddha-Bar music and try out the cocktail menu.
- Free Wi-Fi
- 258 rooms
Overview of Rooms
Sugar Beach has a range of elegant rooms and suites for you to choose from. All accommodation types feature tropical décor, a private balcony or terrace, flat-screen TV, air conditioning and Wi-Fi. Garden and Sea View Manor House rooms offer a comfortable stay with views of either the surrounding gardens or the Indian Ocean. Sea-Facing Villas also provide ocean vistas, while the Beachfront Villas have direct access to the stunning beach.
Family Suites and Sea-View Family Suites are well suited for small families or groups as the 2 connecting rooms offer more space. Sugar Beach Suites are situated on the beachfront and boast spectacular sea views.
Information based on previous season and could be subject to change.
Bar and restaurant opening times may vary based on the season.